What's for dinner Sunday 9/5?
  Re: (...)
I didn't see that this thread had been started yet, so I started it. But please Jean 'delete' me if you have one started somewhere.

We are going to do steaks over an open fire, baked potatoes with sour cream, sauteed petit pans, a couple of panko crusted shrimp, and for the kids some farfalle with parma rosa sauce.

Hubby will tend to the steaks over the camp fire, I will do the rest.

I will try to pics, but lately I have been so bad about that.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by luvnit (I didn't see that th...)
Sounds good, Laura. Ron used to cook over wood all the time and we both miss it. Now, we take the lazy way out and use the gas grill.

Dinner tonight will be smoked chicken, steamed basmati rice and broccoli. Getting ready for our party tomorrow, so have 18 lbs. of pork in the smoker coming along nicely, and some chicken thighs for tonight's meal.

Had to keep it simple, been cooking all day. Made potato salad, baked beans, 3 sauces for the pork, a bourbon pound cake, and waiting for a fabulous recipe from "anyone" for the coleslaw. We set up three party tables in the backyard along with a big canopy, set up the bocce ball court, and designated an area for corn hole. (Is that how you spell that?) Just have to fill the sandbox for the kids and we're done. We had to do all this today because Ron is golfing tomorrow morning.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by Mare749 (Sounds good, Laura. ...)
just relaxin' for today, made a batch of sushi. It's still tasty, but some rolls don't roll right, tho' I think I do them all the same Hmmmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by Mare749 (Sounds good, Laura. ...)
Maryann, it sounds like you're in for a real party tomorrow...what fun! I'd post my coleslaw, but I don't have a recipe.

Laura, I want to come to your house!

We got back in time to make my chicken in the oven, the Ina/Jean way. So we'll be having the Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich with the Barbecue Macaroni with Corn & Scallions recommended side. I'll review it later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, it sounds l...)
Thank you Laura - for starting this thread. I'm not really thinking of food today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by cjs (Thank you Laura - fo...)
My husband made a beautiful pan of lasagna that incorporated both a bolognese type sauce for the middle and a marinara sauce for the bottom and top. That man can cook!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by Trixxee (My husband made a be...)
C@H Pork Tenderloin with Apple salsa (no cornbread stuffing) baked potato and green beans.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday 9/5? by esgunn ([url=mailto:C@H]C@H[...)
I stir fried some marinated pork, rice, & some goodies. It was good. Still emptying the freezer. Geeze 3 more days!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!