Labor Day Menu?
  Re: (...)
So, everyone must have a plan by now. Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends. Not only do we not have plans for the day, it's raining!!! sigh...

We may have some soup.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Labor Day Menu? by cjs (So, everyone must ha...)
After I get everything packaged and frozen from my trip to the city yesterday, I'll be playing with appies today! I'm so excited! There are two dishes I've been wanting to make for quite a while, and another that, thanks to a VERY generous friend, I get to sample for the very first time!

First, I'm going to bake up some tortilla chips to have with Bill & Jane's Hatch Chile Dip! After the yummy stew, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Then, I'm going to try the Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups with Celery & Blue Cheese from Fresh and Fabulous.

And finally, I've wanted to play with puff pastry for the longest time, so I'm FINALLY going to try the Tomato Tarts with Goat Cheese and Basil from the August issue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by Gourmet_Mom (After I get everythi...)
I've got our admission and train tickets to go down to Del Mar for the last of that track's horse racing for the season so that means a corned beef sandwich from The Carving Station.

However no one seems terribly interested in going so I have to decide here if I want to cancel the train tickets and just eat the $30 admission price. I think the weather is making everyone feel unmotivated - cloudy and 62.

If we stay home we'll probably have leftover lasagna.
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by Trixxee (I've got our admissi...)
Trixxe, is your favorite little mare (can't remember her name) running????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by cjs (Trixxe, is your favo...)
We're having deep dish pizza and salad. Not very Labor Day-y but yummy!
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by karyn (We're having deep di...)
Oh how I wish Jean! Zenyatta. She is slated to run at Hollywood Park on Oct. 2 and then again at The Breeder's Cup in Kentucky on Nov. 5th or 6th then she will retire and hopefully have some babies!
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by Trixxee (Oh how I wish Jean! ...)
Party today, so far we have smoked pulled pork, 3 kinds of sauces, red bliss potato salad, Hard Rock Cafe coleslaw, (thank you again, Barbara!) baked beans, and bourbon pound cake. Family members are bringing appys and fruit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Labor Day Menu? by cjs (So, everyone must ha...)
Trixxee - You should go!

No plans here. Rainy and cold, kids sick, cleaning house, and laundry. No idea yet what is for dinner.

Jean, I hope you are feeling better. I am not sure if we are on round two or three of illnesses here. The kids just keep passing it around. Symptoms change just a little bit each time. Ended up putting Stephanie on Antibiotics and she seems to be doing well, Chris is on them too but not getting over it as quickly - now Nicky is showing more symptoms...

We need to get healthy by Wednesday!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by esgunn (Trixxee - You should...)
OK, it's settled. We're all goig whether they like it or not.
  Re: Re: Labor Day Menu? by Trixxee (OK, it's settled. W...)
Cornish Games hens stuffed with garlic, lemon, lime, orange, and a sprig of rosemary over the spit.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.