Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW
  Re: (...)
[Image: DSC04866a.jpg]

I was not really thrilled with this dish. The flavor was "different". And the Barbecue Macaroni with Corn & Scallions side dish was REALLY "different". Some of you may like this, but I will probably not repeat it. Overall, I'd give it a 6.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom ([img]http://i300.pho...)
It sure does look nice though Daphne. Thanks for the review.
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Trixxee (It sure does look ni...)
where are these recipes??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by cjs (where are these reci...)
DUH! I forgot to note where this was from...LOL! This is from Fresh and Fabulous. Here are the recipes:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 tablespoons yogurt -- 2% Greek-style
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon scallions -- sliced
1 tablespoon parsley -- chopped
1 tablespoon shallots -- sliced
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/2 lemon -- juiced
1/2 cup red bell pepper -- diced
1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
black pepper -- to taste
1 1/2 baguette
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups chicken breasts -- cooked and shredded
1 cup mixed salad greens
1 tomato -- thinly sliced
1/4 cup pecans -- chopped

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the heating element.

Blend yogurt, mayo, ketchup, scallions, parsley, shallots, Dijon, and lemon juice for the remoulade in a food processor. Stir in bell pepper, dill relish, salt, and pepper.

Prepare baguette "boats" by slicing top third off baguettes and tearing out bread inside. (Set this and top aside for another use.) Cut whole baguette into 4 pieces and the half baguette into 2 pieces. Brush bread with oil; place under broiler to toast; 2-3 minutes.

Combine chicken with remoulade. Divide greens and tomato slices among boats; top with chicken salad and garnish with pecans. Cut each sandwich in half, if desired.

Source:
"C@H Fresh and Fabulous, page 21"
Barbecue Macaroni with Corn & Scallions

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups corn kernels -- fresh or frozen
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes -- halved
1/4 cup scallion -- chopped

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Add corn to the same pot 2 minutes before pasta is done cooking. Strain pasta and corn, reserving pasta cooking water.

Combine barbecue sauce and chili powder in a large bowl.

Stir in macaroni, corn, tomatoes, and scallions until combined. If sauce becomes too thick, stir in enough reserved pasta water to thin it out.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (DUH! I forgot to no...)
Wow, pretty dish, Daphne. Too bad you didn't care for the flavors. Thanks for the review.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Mare749 (Wow, pretty dish, Da...)
Yes, thank you for the review. I have been eying that one. I made a curry chicken salad the other day with some leftover chicken it was very tasty. The chicken pate on the endive is good and would make a great sandwich.

The BBQ Mac never sounded very good to me. Just a little weird. Your dish sure looks pretty! AND tasty!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (DUH! I forgot to no...)
Thanks for the recipe - and the review. The mac sounds weird - but the chicken sandwich sounds really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Harborwitch (Thanks for the recip...)
I think I need to go back to trusting my gut instinct. I thought I had been being unfair about some recipes and not stepping out of my comfort zone. This is an example where my gut was right...LOL! William liked the sandwich pretty good but not enough to try it again.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I think I need to go...)
The chicken salad has all the flavors we love, although I think I sub lime for the lemon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Remoulade Chicken Salad Sandwich-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I think I need to go...)
The mac sounds more interesting than the chicken, in this case, but it sounds like it's missing something. If nothing else, I wonder how it would be with Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chiles, instead of the cherry tomatoes. Maybe some chile con queso would help, too. Otherwise, a different approach I'd try is to leave out the BBQ sauce, but add butter and a generous amount of minced fresh garlic.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?