OT- less of me for a while
  Re: (...)
Since we moved to central PA, I have been looking for a full time job, to no avail. I have been fortunate enough to work at the winery part time, but that doesn't pay the bills. Today I received a call for a full time, tho temporary, position at Penn State working on a research project involving nutrition. I start this Thursday and have committed to work through the end of October. My hope is that this will open doors for other jobs at the college. Anyway, I know I will be overwhelmed at first and won't be around as much as in the past. I will be checking in and adding my two cents worth when possible.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: OT- less of me for a while by chef_Tab (Since we moved to ce...)
Congratulations, Theresa! That sounds terrific and I'm so glad that it came your way. You'll be great. Can't wait to hear all about it when you have time to check in.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by Mare749 (Congratulations, The...)
Congrats, Theresa! I know you're excited! I, too, can't wait to hear more about it when you get the time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Congratulations! That is so wonderful but we will miss having you around so much
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by Harborwitch (Congratulations! Th...)
Cool! Does this mean you'll be required to eat all day? Sounds great.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by labradors (Cool! Does this mea...)
That's great! And, I hope you enjoy it. Research can be tedious, but very rewarding. Keep us posted on what you learn!
Wonderful. I would have given anything to be involved a project like that in my youth. I had the chance for a Masters in Marine Biology but my life was too complicated (I was teaching at the time)--and about to be a dad. Everything turned out beautifuly though--I siezed another oportunity and I'm happier than I deserve. Make the most of it--good luck!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by Old Bay (Wonderful. I would ...)
Congrats and good luck, Theresa!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by Lorraine (Congrats and good lu...)
Thanks everyone, for your kind words and support.

"Cool! Does this mean you'll be required to eat all day?"

NO, and thank goodness! I am afraid my snacking and extra time to cook has made my clothes shrink. Perhaps being strapped to a computer all day will help. I will be inputting data that has been collected over the last year. Tedious...... probably. Just hoping this will be a stepping stone to better opportunities.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT- less of me for a while by chef_Tab (Thanks everyone, for...)
Congratulations Theresa! I hope this works out well for you and opens many new doors at the university.