T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu??

I'm still deciding, but salmon cakes, oven fries and andalouse sauce is calling my name....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Haven't decided this for sure, but I'm thinking "Mom's Fish in a Clay Pot," a Vietnamese recipe that we really liked. Will do a side of Basmati and some fresh veggies. Sure wish I hadn't gotten the brown Basmati. Ron really didn't like it and I wasn't exactly wild about it, but I'll use it till it's gone and make white rice for Ron. Who knows, maybe I'll acquire a taste for it?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Going to Opening Night at the Performing Arts Center. Should be fun time.... maybe we'll even dance!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by HomeCulinarian (Going to [url=http:...)
Quote:

Going to Opening Night at the Performing Arts Center. Should be fun time.... maybe we'll even dance!

That looks like a great time! Have fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That sounds like an incredibly fun night, HC!

I haven't really had to cook much this week due to various reasons so I want to make something nice tonight. Chicken Roulaudes stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, olives, basil and bread crumbs with a chardonnay pan sauce. Roasted red potatoes and spinach as sides.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by Trixxee (That sounds like an ...)
Ha! I couldn't remember where I got this recipe then suddenly remembered I got from foodfiend's blog. This was a delicious recipe and would recommend it highly.

Where has FF been lately anyway?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by Trixxee (Ha! I couldn't reme...)
"...prepare yourself for the raging horns, titanic percussion, silky vocals, and supercharged timba of Miami’s Tiempo Libre."

Oh, Jeanette, it makes my foot tap to read about them!! Have fun

Everything is sounding really good - another thread that makes me drool. Some days you guys do that to me
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by cjs ("...prepare yourself...)
Oh, man, Jeannette! I am so jealous! It sounds like an exciting evening!

OIY! I am really stumped! This is not good at 4:45 in the afternoon and everything frozen...OIY! I was tempted to pick up steaks at the store, but I refused. I just filled my freezer with some really good stuff!

OH, OH...now I remember! I got flank steak last weekend! I'll do something with potatoes or maybe play with the Rice-a-roni idea Laura posted last year. I think I picked up some broccoli, so that will make a nice meal!

BTW, I'll have to confess a SUPER blond moment the other day. I had picked up enough fish for TWO meals...fish tacos and the Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia with Fresh Sage. I forgot it was for two meals and froze it in one package. When I made the fish tacos the other night, I used all the fish. I remember thinking, that's an awful lot of fish for just the two of us....DUH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, man, Jeannette! ...)
Don't you hate it when someone makes off with the 'thinking brain'?? How dare they.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/10?? by HomeCulinarian (Going to [url=http:...)
Jeannette, that sounds so wonderful! If I could just drag Picky out of the house to do something like this....

It makes me laugh-next weekend is full for us. On Friday night, we're going to Wally's Biker Bar to hear our favorite band, The Old Bastards. Saturday, we're going to the farm for a wedding party, on the hill, for my neice. On Sunday, I got free tickets to a big race at the NH Motor Speedway. I draw the line at that one. Could our plans be more different?

Have a wonderful time!

PJ
PJ