Monday's Dinner - 9/13??
  Re: (...)
Well, I have dinner planned and mostly done for tonight, but I don't think there is any way Sharon and Bob can make it from Billings to P.A. tonight. But, we'll be here when they do arrive.

our menu:
Oysters with Parmesan & Herbs
Asian-Spiced Pork Stew (Lab's B'day dinner)
Roasted cauliflower
Masala Naan
(a Cab-Merlot blend)
Flan de Queso

Roy says the flan gets tasted tonight - if they get here or not!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by cjs (Well, I have dinner ...)
What a nice menu, Jean. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Haven't planned this for sure, but thinking about making Pho tonight. Haven't had it for a while and it just sounds good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by Mare749 (What a nice menu, Je...)
Oh my - that sounds soooooo good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by Harborwitch (Oh my - that sounds ...)
wow, Jean it does sound good!

We are invited to our winery owners friends home for dinner so I don't know what we are having. I made a sour cream apple pie for dessert to take along. I am so tired and feeling harried, is it really only Monday?? I hope I can get into a routine soon. And I miss reading every thread!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by chef_Tab (wow, Jean it does so...)
Fancy for a Monday, Jean!

I've got a new recipe from Not Your Mother's Crock Pot Cookbook going this afternoon - sausages with peppers and onion. And tomato salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by HomeCulinarian (Fancy for a Monday, ...)
Since we're not going to make it to Jean's . . .Bob spotted some lobster & seafood ravioli in the cooler and I have a crawdad sauce I made in the freezer. I'm hoping we find a store before we pack it in. some tomatoes sound really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by Harborwitch (Since we're not goin...)
Monday's dinner is aging in the fridge....Smile But, Sharon, we're going to have a lot of dessert we HAVE to eat Tuesday night - I promised my aunt two desserts!!! sigh...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner - 9/13?? by cjs (Monday's dinner is a...)
Jean and Sharon, I hope you have a wonderful time together! (Regardless of aging, I know the food will be awesome..)

We had a simple skillet chicken, pasta and broccoli dinner. It's been a stressful day and we needed comfort food.