An idea for those who like quinoa
  Re: (...)
So far, I have never even seen quinoa and it has not become available here, yet, but this sounds like an interesting idea from Sumito Estévez - one of the El Gourmet chef's I follow. This is not from a show and is not a full recipe - just a general usage idea:
Quote:

Great idea they gave me in Ecuador: Cook some quinoa for 10 minutes, purée 1/4 of it, fry another 1/4 of it, then make "risotto" from the remainder with the purée and garnish with the fried.

With my own inexperience with quinoa, that sounds interesting, but I can't say HOW interesting. Still, it must mean something that a professional chef from one South-American country liked the idea he had received from another South American about a grain that is, itself, South American. If any of you try the idea, let me know how it works so I can keep it in mind in case they ever get quinoa here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: An idea for those who like quinoa by labradors (So far, I have never...)
copied - this sounds like it would be fun to play with. Haven't made quinoa for a couple months, so I'm due. Thanks Labs. (now, I hope it doesn't get buried... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com