T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're still in the grazing mode. We're playing with abalone this a.m. Sharon is going to do something with it and I'm going to make an abalone hash, a little champagne and who knows what else....

For dinner? haven't gotten that far yet!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hmmmmmmmmm grazing is good! Grazing is very good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Harborwitch (Hmmmmmmmmm grazing i...)
Here's some more pictures -

Got the salt block out -
[Image: CIMG0913.jpg]
[Image: CIMG0914.jpg]

and a yummy dessert - we ate it all!!!

[Image: CIMG0918.jpg]

and in between - fried clam strips and sweet tato fries.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (Here's some more pic...)
Oh my goodness! What a food fest you two are having! Looks delicious. Great photos, Jean.

One question about the salt block. How much salt goes into the meat? Does it taste real salty? Also wondering how do you clean the block when you are finished cooking?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Oh my goodness! Wha...)
She forgot to mention the truffle salt on the fries and the truffled honey mustard we dipped the steak in.

Breakfast was abalone, abalone hash, eggs scrambled in truffle butter and champagne. OMG It was all soooooooooo good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Harborwitch (She forgot to mentio...)
Good gracious, what a feast! Are you four going to be able to fit another meal in the day?!?!?!?!

We're going to have steak, taters, and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Good gracious, what ...)
Wow! that looks too good!

Changing it up a little for my dinner tonight... have an awards banquet to attend, then going dancing! Haven't cooked on a Friday night in a long time.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Wow! that looks too...)
I am sighing with envy. More over Sharon and Jean being together than the food. It's like two of my favorite superheroes in one place at the same time. The food looks great too, but given the choice, I would take those two gals' company any day of the week.

I pulled some meatballs in a vege based tomato sauce from the fridge and am cooking spaghetti and making a salad to go with. Right now I am enjoying a martini with hubby. TGIF indeed!!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by chef_Tab (I am sighing with en...)
While the food has been great, I agree Theresa, it's just fun to spend time with Sharon and Bob.

Maryann, no the food is not the least bit salty, in fact we sprinkled a little finishing salt on the steak strips as we ate them. The block just seems to inpart a little more flavor or maybe coaxes a little more flavor out of whatever you're cooking on it. Just delicious.

As far as cleaning it, I let it cool overnight, then just cleaned with warm water and one of those sponges that has the scrubber on the one side. Cleans up quickly and easily!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (While the food has b...)
We just had had the most fun with Roy and Jean! These are two of the dearest people on earth!!!! Of course being kindred spirits doesn't hurt a bit.

I think we might just be taking advantage of a really good rate at an RV park up here.