Dining out question
  Re: (...)
I recently heard about a wonderful restaurant and it is very close. They seem to have a wonderful menu that changes all the time, which is fabulous. You don't see that much around here. My question is this. Every month they do a five course dinner including wine for $75. Now does this include a gratuity?

Here is their September menu: Nectar Wine Bar & Bistro
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Dining out question by luvnit (I recently heard abo...)
Quote:

Now does this include a gratuity?

Probably not. From what I've seen, it's usually only included it it specifically SAYS "Gratuity included." You may just have to have someone call them and ask to be sure, though.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dining out question by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I agree with Labs.... probably not.
  Re: Re: Dining out question by HomeCulinarian (I agree with Labs......)
If the gratuity was included it should say so. I'd call to be sure, though. That dinner sure sounds good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dining out question by Harborwitch (If the gratuity was ...)
No, it would not be included.

That is the biggest problem with menus around here - they are all static (non-changing) rather than cycle menus which change (at least a portion) after a number of days. It gets so boring with the only change being a 'special'.

Laura, that bistro menu has some nice sounding dishes that I may steal the ideas for....
Salsa Baked Goat Cheese
Scallop Tostado w/avocado-corn relish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dining out question by cjs (No, it would not be ...)
I'm with the others, tip is not included. What a great price for a wine paired meal. I could make a meal out of just the appetizers. Lamb Lollipops.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dining out question by Lorraine (I'm with the others,...)
And panko crusted walleye. We love walleye! Nice sounding menu. Let us know if you go.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dining out question by Mare749 (And panko crusted wa...)
Wow, that looks sooo good! That'll never happen around here, though. I DO need to check into some of the newer places in Wilmington....which reminds me, I need to pick a restaurant for next weekend! I have GUESTS coming down!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.