What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone???

Got side-tracked yesterday with pizza, so will get back on track today, maybe. So, fish tacos today - but, I have more crab thawed out from the pizza, so will have to do something with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm doing the review dinner tonight. Haven't decided if it should be steak or pork tenderloin, but leaning toward doing it with steak.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by Mare749 (I'm doing the review...)
We're having BBQ Chicken with Hoecakes and Vinegar Slaw. We just got home from a weekend in Key West and I have everything on hand, which makes it really easy!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by karyn (We're having BBQ Chi...)
"weekend in Key West" ...and, I suppose you had lovely sunshine. Boy, we've had awful weather. Starting out nicer today,tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by cjs ("weekend in Key West...)
Checking and icing the coolers today. It's like grocery shopping.

We're spending another night here in Roseburg. Twin Rivers RV park is stunningly beautiful. It's a chance veg a big and get a few things done.

Tonight we're having prime rib and whatever else I can find to go with. I texted Denise to see if they'd like to join us for dinner.

There's a winery within walking distance that's supposed to be very good, and a demonstration garden where you're welcome to help yourself to a veggie or two. We're going for a walk!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by Harborwitch (Checking and icing t...)
Sharon, it sounds like heaven! Kick back for a day and just enjoy!

So, I decided to make the review dinner with a nice piece of sirloin. The butcher even showed me where to cut the meat on the diagonal. This should be good. For anyone who is interested, I added the recipe for Spicy Bloody Maria to the review menu. Must do!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by Mare749 (Sharon, it sounds li...)
Denise & Derrick are coming for dinner!!!! Oh this is going to be fun! Off to the winery in a few minutes. Prime is low and slowing and I'm contemplating the rest of dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by Harborwitch (Denise & Derrick are...)
Denise and Derrick would be crazy NOT to join in that dinner! Have fun you guys! And take pictures! Sharon, I'd love to see some pics of that garden and the winery, also, if you get a chance.

I'm testing another recipe tonight...Pork Chops Florentine. This should be easy, since I wrote this one when I came up with it a couple of years ago....just need to check the flavors.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by Gourmet_Mom (Denise and Derrick w...)
I'll check that one too, if you want, Daphne - sounds good.

Have fun with Denise & Derrick, Sharon!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner. Tuesday 9/21 by cjs (I'll check that one ...)
Thanks, Jean. I'll try to post it tonight after I check it for flavor. And THIS time I'm going to have my directions in front of me to make notes when I prepare it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.