Thursday's Dinner, 9/23
  Re: (...)
Well, piddle, today is the first day of autumn and we had, what 2 weeks of summer up here this year?

So, on this autumn day, what's on the menu?

I roasted a couple of chicken breasts yesterday with a tasty combination of rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and plum sauce - so I think I'll do something with couscous to go with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by cjs (Well, piddle, today ...)
I think I'm going in this direction, but with chicken and puff pastry on top, no crust on the bottom, and I'll add carrots and chopped onion.

http://timeinthekitchen.com/2009/12/turk...o-pot-pie/
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by Trixxee (I think I'm going in...)
Gazpacho!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by HomeCulinarian (Gazpacho!...)
I have tomatoes to use, so probably BLT's or grilled cheese with tomatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by Mare749 (I have tomatoes to u...)
Maybe the fish we were going to have last night but were to tired to even bother with. We still have to unhook the trailer and go up and get propane.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by Harborwitch (Maybe the fish we we...)
Well, the chicken can wait one more night - neighbors brought us some Chanterelles!! So, Roy ran to the store and picked up some steaks and I'm going to make a little ragout of leeks and chanterelles and drizzle a little truffle oil overall. I'm thinking we will eat very early tonight, 'cause I can hardly wait!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by cjs (Well, the chicken ca...)
Yummy, Jean!

Trixxee, that pot pie looks super!

I'm doing a Grilled Herb Chicken with Mango Salsa and Lemon Scented Rice and a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by Gourmet_Mom (Yummy, Jean![br][br]...)
It was supposed to be cool here, so I put some country style ribs in the oven with sauerkraut and carrots. It got up to 96! We've been experimenting with desserts. We had 3 sheets of puff pastry left from Tuesday's event. Wednesday night he put butterscotch peanut butter dowsn the centre, topped it with Heath Bar bits, and sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar, and made a strudel. Last night we fried some bananas in rum raisin syrup, chopped up a bit of chocolate and made another strudel. What an easy great dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by Lorraine (It was supposed to b...)
Well, I'm drooling on the keyboard, Lorraine!!

Our dinner was just fantastic - the little drizzle of truffle oil over the steaks and chanterelle ragout just put it over the top.

And, I'm glad to report - even with four days of overeating with Sharon & Bob AND going out to dinner (with ice cream for dessert) Wednesday night, I finally got up the nerve to get on the scale.....haven't lost anything, but I HAVEN'T GAINED ANYTHING EITHER!! Whoopeee. So, I'm back to being good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 9/23 by cjs (Well, I'm drooling o...)
Good for you, Jean! And your dinner DOES sound right over the top!

And Lorraine, tell Gil he had my attention with the butterscotch peanut butter, but sent it over the top with the Heath Bars! YUMMMY! I'm writing that one down!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.