Checking out....
  Re: (...)
So, dear friends, I'm signing off for a week as we get ready to leave on vacation. This is a particularly exciting year for me because I get to meet up with more of our cooking family.

We're leaving tomorrow morning and heading to Virginia, where we will meet Lorraine and Gil at Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery around 4:00 for a wine tasting. I can't wait to meet them both in person, and to see that spectacular kitchen!

Saturday morning, we will head for South Carolina and get settled into a condo for the week. Sunday afternoon, we will meet Daphne and William for lunch in Southport or Wilmington. This will be our third visit with them!

I wish all of you could join us! What a great time that would be. As usual, we'll take pix and post stories when we get back in town.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Checking out.... by Mare749 (So, dear friends, I'...)
Fantastic!! Even tho I'm green with envy, I love when some of us manage to get together! Hugs all around - and have a safe wonderful trip, Maryann & Ron.

(pictures and lots of notes!!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It sounds like a wonderful vacation! I wish we were, no I want to sit still for a bit. Enjoy yourselves, you certainly deserve it.

Uhm, does this mean we get to share your "thinking days"????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by Harborwitch (It sounds like a won...)
Yes, please do, Sharon! I'm trying not to think any more than I have to this week.

I wondered when it was going to hit you. You've been going strong for several weeks now. We would be ready to stay put for a few days.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by Mare749 (Yes, please do, Shar...)
Have a spectacular time, Maryann!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by farnfam (Have a spectacular t...)
We gave some thought this am to finding a better place - this is really not all that great. But we need to sit still for a while.

Have fun!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by Harborwitch (We gave some thought...)
See you Sunday, Maryann and Ron! I, too, am envious of your meeting with Lorraine and Gil, the wine tasting, and a look at the kitchen! Unlike others, I'll get a quick look at THOSE pics early...I hope!

Drive safely, you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by Gourmet_Mom (See you Sunday, Mary...)
Have fun! Eat well!
  Re: Re: Checking out.... by HomeCulinarian (Have fun! Eat well!...)
Only a few more hours now! If they make good time on the road, we'll tour the winery then come back here to eat. If not, since Friday traffic can be brutal, we'll bring food up to the wionery. Not that that's a hardship, they have a beautiful patio with tables and unbrellas. After all these years, we're finally meeting up!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I am green...

Have a wonderful time!

PJ
PJ