Hubby has a request
  Re: (...)
Ron asked me to post this for him. He was wondering if any of you have a recipe for the sauce that McD's uses on a Big Mac, or the sauce that Manners uses on their Big Boy?

He loves the sauces but hates the burgers, so of course, wants to make his own. I'll check out some of those copy cat websites too when we get back. Thanks everyone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Hubby has a request by Mare749 (Ron asked me to post...)
You're not going to believe this, but one of Ashley's best friends is "in the know" at McD's. (Sorry, forgot to point out that the friend's daddy owns two of the biggest McD's in Wilmington, plus a couple others around the state.)

BUT, she also told Ashley that they were sworn to secrecy on the recipe. She implied that the recipe would never leak, because of the consequences if it ever did. (Comparable to loosing their franchises, I think?)

I've always thought it was very close to 1000 dressing, but William, a LOVER of the Big Mac since high school, says NOT!

Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by Gourmet_Mom (You're not going to ...)
"I've always thought it was very close to 1000 dressing, but William, a LOVER of the Big Mac since high school, says NOT!"

That's what I thought, but I don't know if I've had a Big Mac in over ten years!
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by karyn ("I've always thought...)
I thought it was 1000 with a bit of something???

Jean - oh Jean!!! Is there a "copy-cat" recipe??????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by Harborwitch (I thought it was 100...)
She IS kinda between projects....OH JEAN! You've got some Big Macs to eat and deconstruct (isn't this a word?)!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by Gourmet_Mom (She IS kinda between...)
You guys are the best! Thank you! I'll keep looking and check back here when we return.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by Mare749 (You guys are the bes...)
How about the Big-Mac-sauce recipe at Top Secret Recipes?

They also have a recipe for the Big Boy Double Decker, which may also include that sauce, but that recipe is not free and the Big-Mac one is.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by labradors (How about the Big-Ma...)
Haven't had a Big Mac since I don't know when! I'm thinking it's 1000 island with extra vinegar.
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by HomeCulinarian (Haven't had a Big Ma...)
Oh, poor Ron! Well, I looked through my Todd Wilbur books and for the McD's Big Mac, he only calls for Kraft Thousand Island.

The first recipe link Labs posted is kind of a cheapo thousand island, so why not try it?

While we're on the subject, Todd Wilbur does have some really fun recipes in his books. My grandchildren got me three of them and they have liked everything I made for them from the books. Especially Taco Bell Hot Taco Sauce, I used to make it just to take to two of my granddaughter's house for them.

I've never had a Carl's Jr. Chicken Club, but I made the recipe for it and we really enjoyed it - geez, the date on it is I made it Jan. 14, 1994!!! Guess it's time to give it another try.

Good Luck, Ron!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hubby has a request by cjs (Oh, poor Ron! [img]/...)
I forgot - the Taco Bell taco sauce!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!