Our 2010 Harvest
  Re: (...)
Roy was cleaning the garden and found some forgotten garlics...

[Image: CIMG0942.jpg]

Has anyone frozen garlic cloves??? I may just have to roast them in olive oil and have enough for the rest of my cooking life.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Our 2010 Harvest by cjs (Roy was cleaning the...)
"I may just have to roast them in olive oil and have enough for the rest of my cooking life." LOL! But I think that's what I'd do with most of them. I wonder if you could mince them and freeze them in small amounts with olive oil?

Very nice!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Our 2010 Harvest by Gourmet_Mom ("I may just have to ...)
I did that one year, the trick is to freeze it in "plops" on a sheet tray and then bag them. My instructions said to freeze the chopped garlic and olive oil in a container and spoon out as needed. Right! More like "hack out with an ice pick, dynamite, or chainsaw".

Jean, an over abundance of garlic was why we smoked some. I'd roast and freeze, or chop with olive oil and freeze in usable sized "plops".
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Our 2010 Harvest by Harborwitch (I did that one year,...)
My normal way with doing big amounts of roasted garlic is to use lots of olive oil with it - then separate it and freeze the cloves in one bag (after freezing on sheet pan) and freeze 'blocks' of garlic-infused oil. It's easy to cut off a portion of the oil, it doesn't freeze really hard.

I'll probably freeze a few raw and see how they work out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Our 2010 Harvest by cjs (My normal way with d...)
As any self respecting Italian would tell you:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH GARLIC
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Our 2010 Harvest by farnfam (As any self respecti...)
Oooops, this is true, Cis!!
www.achefsjourney.com