What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

I'm making "Shaking Beef" a recipe by Charles Phan - it came in one of my newsletters and sounds good. Also, a quinoa dish with black beans & corn ( not tired of the combination yet!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
We are having Ari Zingerman's Sunday Chicken. The one where you roast it over bread. The leaves are turning yellow and orange and it's going to be a perfect day for it ......oh and wine
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by farnfam (We are having Ari Zi...)
Tony is making a pot roast in the crock pot with mushroom soup and onion soup. Mashed potatoes and carrots on the side.

Soooo not a pot roast day - supposed to be over 100 degrees - but he came up with an idea, any idea, he's doing the work and clean up so who am I to say it's not pot roast weather. We'll be hibernating inside with the the A/C on today anyway.

And we'll have leftovers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by Trixxee (Tony is making a pot...)
smart woman, Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by cjs (smart woman, Trixxee...)
Sliders and coleslaw on the menu for tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by Harborwitch (Sliders and coleslaw...)
We are attending an amateur wine making competition and there will be BBQ and such to eat so that will be dinner for our us. I hope we don't have to "kiss a lot of frogs" in the process of finding a "prince".
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by chef_Tab (We are attending an ...)
Quote:

"I hope we don't have to "kiss a lot of frogs" in the process of finding a "prince".

I hope you don't either, Theresa, but frogs or not it's still free wine right?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by farnfam ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sunday dinners from various regions of Italy. Today we are in Basilicata. Lamb Stew, pepper salad, baked onions, pasta, granita for dessert.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by chef_Tab (We are attending an ...)
Quote:

I hope we don't have to "kiss a lot of frogs" in the process of finding a "prince".

[Image: 14511.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday, 9/26? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Very funny, Labs!

We're having another new recipe. It's a take on the Asian Spiced Pork Stew some of us tried for Lab's Birthday Dinner Review.

(William will probably only sample it and have leftover Crab Pizza! He's looking forward to that!)

Oh, I should say that I shouldn't be eating any dinner at all! I had the Classic Steam Pot at Joe's Crab Shack today, and I'm still full! We had a great visit with Maryann and Ron. I soooo wanted to go back to the condo with them and visit. Sadly, I've got progress reports due tomorrow.

A crazy/pitiful side note to our visit. I had told Maryann we'd probably get down there at around 12:30. Well, they call at 12:15. They were already at the restaurant hanging out. We, on the other hand, were held up by a cyclist event that was crossing the highway. I told them about another 30 minutes. THEN William decided to show me a new shortcut around North Myrtle Beach. There's close to 50 stop lights down that stretch. Unfortunately, he had only come HOME on that freeway and didn't know where to get off! We kept the poor things waiting another hour!!!! OIY!

But it was great seeing them again! I've got to retire, so I can do more of that kind of thing and do it on my OWN time! FOUR MORE YEARS! UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.