C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners
  Re: (...)
It's almost October and time for the cooler weather dinners. How about we collect our favorite winter dishes from Cuisine @ Home that we make over and over. Shall we leave this thread up until mid-November and then we might start collecting holiday favorites?????

EDITED TO ADD: If the source is not listed, how will we find these treasures??? Don't have to type the recipe (but, thank you, Labs!), but we do need the publications and/or number.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by cjs (It's almost October ...)
Well there are many but a few that come to mind are
Norwegian meatballs
French Onion Salisbury steak
almost all the soups from the soup book
Manicotti
Steak Diane
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by piano226 (Well there are many ...)
...and we will find them.... (how many soup books are there?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by cjs (...and we will find ...)
A good hearty beef stew with a nice thick broth you mop up with a piece of good bread
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by DFen911 (A good hearty beef s...)
Oh, I'll have to think about this one a bit. But right off the bat, the Lasagna Soup is at the top of our list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I'll have to thi...)
Mushroom and Barley Soup
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by labradors ([url=http://www.foru...)
Thanks Labs -

To all - please see the 'edited to add' in initial thread.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by cjs (Thanks Labs - [br][b...)
One which comes to mind is the Orange-Glazed Salmon from Weeknight Menus because it goes so well with mashed sweet potatoes. And in the same issue is an Apple-Cheddar Salad and a hearty soup with shrimp and (warming) chipotle pepper.

I'll have to think about more recent ones; this was a special issue which I picked up a few years ago and have made several of the recipes over and over as standards.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by foodfiend (One which comes to m...)
There are many, but the all time winner is:
Eggplant Rolatini Issue 60 pg 14-15 OMG that is a good one, serve with fettucine or Crusty Italian bread YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: C@H Favorite Winter-Type Dinners by cjs (Thanks Labs - [br][b...)
Quote:

Thanks Labs -

To all - please see the 'edited to add' in initial thread.

Oops! Forgot that you had asked for C@H recipes, and the soup recipe I suggested was NOT from C@H. It IS delicious, though, and (obviously) comes to mind automatically when I am asked about winter recipes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?