We're Home!!
  Re: (...)
We had a wonderful trip and the highlite was Quebec City!! Thanks Lorraine and everybody!!!
We had rack of lamb and creme brulee at Auberge du Tresor (wonderful), mussels (from a selection of 14) at Cafe Moss on the waterfront, visited Chateau Frontenac and La Grande Allee. We saw Epicere J. A. Maison and Cathedrale Notre-Dame. Lunch at Montmorency falls (the smoked meat sandwich was memorable-really good). Great Italian dinner at Portofino and three kinds of mussels at Cafe Dumond at the port. Not enough time!!!

Next a tour of a Saguenay park--dinner on the *****. Next day was at sea and the food on the ***** was as good as any I've been on.Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island was so clean and beautiful--I could live there in the summer!! We toured the Island and "Anne of Green Gables" and finished with a magnificent whole lobster!! We finished the day ashore with oysters at the Dublin Pub with our friends from home.

We skipped Sidney and had another day at sea. Igor brought 80mph winds and 25 foot seas to the ***** keeping us from docking--thank God the Eurodam is a big ***** with a fine crew!!

Halifax was delightful--the Citadel, the Titanic cemetary, and high tea at the Halifax Club. Bar Harbor brought a tour of Acadia Park and Cadillac Mountain. Finished with a whole lobster, potatoes, corn on the cob, clam chowder and a wonderful blueberry tart at the Bar Harbor Club. Great day!!

Glouster brought shopping and exploring and a magnificent dockside meal of stuffed sole and fish and chips--soooo fresh!!

We only had time to walk around Newport a couple of hours. Beautiful city and port. Great time!!

I will post pictures if Jean will help me again (Jean you can teach me how when we see you in December )
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: We're Home!! by Old Bay (We had a wonderful t...)
OMG, that just sounds so fantastic!! I'll be glad to help out with the pictures.

Now, go look at Denise's thread, 'cause you and Jane will be needing to head in that direction soon - for some pinot!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We're Home!! by Old Bay (We had a wonderful t...)
That sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm so glad that you and Jane had such a good time and great experiences.

Ditto what Jean said.

Doesn't this just make you thirsty for a really good glass of wine?????[Image: DSCN5524_edited.jpg]
Pinot Noir at Palotai Winery Roseburg, Oregon
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by Harborwitch (That sounds like a w...)
Sharon, you're such a tease!

Bill and Jane, I'm glad the storm didn't cause you guys too much trouble. I also regret not pointing out ahead of time that Debbie has her bakery, at least I think she still has it, in Halifax. (I'm pretty sure that's her location.) Oh well!

Your trip sounds AWESOME! I'm thinking that if I ever convince William to take a cruise, this one might need to be tops on our list....this and an Alaska trip.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, you're such ...)
Bill, what a great trip you had! Those meals-- my mouth is watering.

Now, Gloucester... we were there several times in early September and enjoyed our meals (plus we bought the freshest seafood ever at a local market every 3 days or so during the time we were there). Which restaurant did you go to?

And shopping, did you happen to wander into a store that had bright red walls (inside) and was stuffed with a wonderfully eclectic mix of gifts and handcrafted furniture? It was my favorite store of the trip.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by foodfiend (Bill, what a great t...)
Quebec is such an incredibly beautiful city. I was only about 11 when I was there (when my hockey team played against a Canadian team of kids the same age as we were), but I could still appreciate the magnificent, snow-covered beauty then and still remember it now.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by labradors (Quebec is such an in...)
Oh Daphne, I completely forgot about Debbie in Halifax!!! darn! Does anyone have her email adddress to invite her to join us here?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by labradors (Quebec is such an in...)
Bill what a wonderful trip! I cannot wait to see pictures I'm glad you two are some safe and sound. Now stop reading the boards and get some pictures posted. Did you get any new recipes for us to try?
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by DFen911 (Bill what a wonderfu...)
Jean, she's already a member but doesn't participate. She jumped in a little when I first invited her, but that was when her bakery was getting off the ground. I still don't visit "that other place" very often, so I don't know if she is participating there either. She does, however, have a facebook page, I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We're Home!! by foodfiend (Bill, what a great t...)
Quote:

Bill, what a great trip you had! Those meals-- my mouth is watering.

Now, Gloucester... we were there several times in early September and enjoyed our meals (plus we bought the freshest seafood ever at a local market every 3 days or so during the time we were there). Which restaurant did you go to?

And shopping, did you happen to wander into a store that had bright red walls (inside) and was stuffed with a wonderfully eclectic mix of gifts and handcrafted furniture? It was my favorite store of the trip.

It was the Gloucester House, on a pier--we ate by the water. We did not make it to the shop you described, but Jane wandered into a shop in Rockport that had hand blown glass, sea polished glass, etc. some from Zug glass. Food wonderful, shopping really special.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".