What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I had to stick Brian Boitano's Coq au vin-linguini in the freezer (we had so much food while Sharon & Bob were visiting), so we'll have one container today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Fairly certain I'm making these sandwiches. They are really good and easy.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...Goat-Cheese-150
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We never got to that did we???

I think it's duck tonight. Not sure how I'm going to fix it. We don't have our grill yet, it's going to be hotter than #ell today - but we've got to eat it.

Maybe we'll dismember it, cure the legs and take them with us to Joan's to smoke Thursday. We could pan roast the breasts - maybe a nice spice rub, a salad, and ?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by Trixxee (Fairly certain I'm m...)
Grilled some salmon with a honey crust, angel hair pasta with parmesan and parsley and baby marrows (zucchini).
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by Roxanne 21 (Grilled some salmon ...)
Trixxee - those sound wonderful, now I hope I remember to come back and copy the recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by cjs (Trixxee - those soun...)
Hi all. Sorry to be gone and not participating. School this year is more busy this year. 3rd grade is really a step up from what we have been doing before. I think I am surviving, but not quite sure. So glad to have Steve home! Yea. We have also just been spending as much family time as we can. With gym nights I am not doing a lot of cooking that isn'e a casserole or a slow cooker meal.

Tonight is slow cooker beans and sausage.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by cjs (Trixxee - those soun...)
That does sound good Trixxee. And I need to use the last of my goat cheese soon, so.....

Tonight I had planned on making Maryann's Dinner to have tomorrow night. That left me with what to have for dinner tonight. I stopped at the store and decided I hadn't had one of my favorite comfort foods, country fried steak in gravy over mashers with peas.

When I stopped at the store to pick up the cube steak, I totally forgot I used the last of my tomato paste last night, so the stew is now set for THURSDAY...DUH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (That does sound good...)
Day 2 of the SNAP Hunger Challenge... Have a 4.5# chicken that will be providing 3 dinners for us. Tonight the breast portions will be used for Arroz con pollo, side salad and some home made bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (That does sound good...)
Trixxee, I've already copied the recipe-- thanks for the link!

Tonight is (finally) the Chicken Marengo.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 9/28?? by foodfiend (Trixxee, I've alread...)
Trixxee, that does sound good, but I might like to sub in chili peppers in adobe sauce for the sun dried tomatoes.

Can't wait to hear your views on the chicken Marengo, Vicci. I was late with that one as well.

I cannot hear Brian Boitano's name without thinking about the Southpark episode. I will have to look into that.

For dinner tonight, I am making Jean's chicken lo mein. I did not meal plan this week and started my day with a migraine so I needed something easy and comforting.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!