T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Think we'll have some grilled salmon and some potato patties I had in the freezer. Also, playing with a leek and balsamic appy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having grilled lamb chops with a spicy mango sauce. Maybe yellow rice and spinach as sides. It'll be colorful if nothing else.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by Trixxee (We're having grilled...)
So far I am roasting some tomatoes, but I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I saw a cream of zuke soup on foodgawker, so maybe that and some Crusty Italian bread
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by farnfam (So far I am roasting...)
Last day of the SNAP Hunger Challenge and we're having Chicken Pot Pie at home rather than dining with friends tonight.

It's been an interesting excercise and I think we did pretty well on it since I cook. If someone wasn't able to or interested in cooking, all the prepared foods break the budget pretty fast. One 4.5# chicken provided meat for 3 dinners and 1.5# of ground beef & pork made two dinners. Downside is the amount of cheap startches and lack of fresh foods that are affordable at that price.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by HomeCulinarian (Last day of the SNAP...)
That's interesting, Jeannette - "Downside is the amount of cheap startches and lack of fresh foods that are affordable at that price." - hmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by cjs (That's interesting, ...)
Just wanted to let you all know, those roasted tomatoes were just wonderful!! and so easy, just slice and put on a greased sheet, salt & pepper. Roast at 250 for 6-8 hrs or at 400 for 1hr. I did them in the convection oven for 2hrs at 250 So good
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by farnfam (Just wanted to let y...)
We are at Joans for dinner - Asian marinated pork chops on the grill, rice, and green beans with sesame oil and almonds.

She says Hi to all and thanks so much for your kind support during this difficult time. Joan and I are drinking Palotai Bella Bianca 2009 Umpqua Valley, Oregon white table wine. I wish I had followed Jean's philosophy - one to drink and one to save!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. DINNER??? Oct. 1st?? by Harborwitch (We are at Joans for ...)
"Downside is the amount of cheap startches and lack of fresh foods that are affordable at that price." Isn't that the truth. I just doesn't seem fair somehow. Although, if one were clever, it could be done going to farmer's markets and buying only what is in season and/or on sale. It would take some planning, though.

We're clearing out leftovers tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.