What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6?
  Re: (...)
It is the 6th, isn't it?

what's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We didn't get to the Sushi place for the pizza last night - will go tonight. We just wandered across the street from the condo to a little dive, The Superior Cafe and had some really interesting starters/little plates. Finally found a Charcuterie platter, so you know we had that - oh my, so good. I did take pictures.

A bowl of popcorn was put on the table when our wine came and it was delicious! Just the gentlest hint of sweetness - the chef finally gave it up. He mixes fennel, coriander, chili pepper flakes and a hint of sugar. Man, was it good.

The wine was Okanagan Valley - Twisted Tree Six Vines, a blend of Cab Sauv., Cab Franc, Merlot, Carmenere, Petit Verdot & Malbec. Great blend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by cjs (It is the 6th, isn't...)
That sounds fantastic - the wine, the charcuterie platter, and the popcorn! Were the fennel and corriander seeds ground?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by Harborwitch (That sounds fantasti...)
yes, it was really hard to pick out the flavors, but all together they were really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by cjs (yes, it was really h...)
We're having the l/os from the Pork and Mushroom Stew and I'm also making the Puree of Cauliflower Soup with blue cheese and bacon, so we'll have a small cup of that to start.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by Mare749 (We're having the l/o...)
Pork and mushroom stew, though over plain mashed potatoes from Costco. This is all I can handle on a homework night.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by Trixxee (Pork and mushroom st...)
Pot roast with all the goodies. Focaccia with grapes and rosemary if I get my act together.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by Harborwitch (Pot roast with all t...)
We're having the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, but I'm using puff pastry for the crust instead of the French bread loaves. I'm also going to give the side salad the suggest a try. The dressing is already made and delicious!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by karyn (We're having the Chi...)
Probably going to make the Korean style Triangle Steaks again from the fresh & fabulous book. It's a repeat for us.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by HomeCulinarian (Probably going to ma...)
Early supper nite, we had the OMG Chicken from Rob and it was good!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 10/6? by farnfam (Early supper nite, w...)
Jean, your dinner sounds great. I love the popcorn idea!

I'm reviewing another dinner, but I won't be able to post the review until the 18th. We're having the October Review dinner: Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia with Fresh Sage with the Broccolini Risotto.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.