Cusine at Home recipe files
  Re: (...)
Hi,

Is anyone willing to share their collection of Cusine at Home recipes? I just haven't had the time to keep up with typing my favorite recipes into my recipe database (The Recipe Manager). If anyone would be willing share their collection, I would be extremely grateful. I'll PM my email address if you are willing to share.

Thanks,

Mike
  Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by mike1220 (Hi,[br][br]Is anyone...)
Mike, we all post so many of the C@H recipes here on the forum, that you might do a search and see what you come up with. I'm afraid it would take me forever to send out my collection.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by cjs (Mike, we all post so...)
I agree with Jean. I learned when I first joined the forum that if I typed review in the search box, I'd get so many hits, I'd have to adjust the time frame to get the recipes older than a year or two.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with Jean. ...)
Thanks, I'll give searching the forums a try. I was hoping someone would have a collection of Cuisine at Home recipes in either a MSWord file or LivingCookbook/MasterChef backup that they could email to me. This way I could just import everything.
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by mike1220 (Thanks, I'll give se...)
I wish I could. But like Jean, my files are too big to send. My email won't handle it...I've tried before.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by Gourmet_Mom (I wish I could. But...)
If you DO wish to send the file you could upload it to MediaFire and send the share link to anyone with whom you wish to share the file.

There are three ways to use MediaFire:
  • Without an account, you may upload files as large as 200MB, but if you ever clear your browser's cache, you lose the ability to manage files you had already uploaded.
  • A free account is similar to no account but, since it is based upon an actual login and not the browser cache, you always have access to manage your files.
  • A paid account (what they call "MediaPro"), increases the file-size limit to 2GB and the share links will allow direct downloads, instead of taking the downloaded to a web page.
The files are not accessible to anyone who doesn't have the share link, and if you want additional security, there is also a way to protect each file with a password.

I've had a free account for over a year, and it comes int handy. When some friends asked me to edit some audio files they had recorded and to add Spanish subtitles to a short video they had taken, I had them upload the files to MediaFire (since they weren't going to use it all the time, I just had them do so without an account) and I sent the completed work back to them via my free account.

Once in a while, I have had difficulty accessing MediaFire, so I wouldn't use it for something requiring 100% reachability, but that has not been a very frequent problem and I've been happy with it, otherwise.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by mike1220 (Thanks, I'll give se...)
Thanks for the Media Fire info labs.
Mike, I have some files in my Living Cookbook, but not as many as I would like. I was slowly transferring my favorites from the plus site when they suspended it. I would be happy to create an fdx file for you when I get a chance. I am in the process of downloading the new version to beta test, so it may be a little while. In the meantime if there is a specific recipe you want let me know and I will look for it.
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by Cubangirl (Thanks for the Media...)
Specific recipes we can all help you with. My C@H recipes are not all in one 'cookbook' on MasterCook.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by cjs (Specific recipes we ...)
One of the features of Living Cookbook that MC may have as well is something called recipe type. I have found it very useful when I want to locate a group of recipes. I have customized my recipe type list to include the magazines I use most (CI, CC, C@H, FC, BA, FN, the old Gourmet and F&W) as well as my favorite chefs (Julia, Ina, Giada, Lidia, AB, Marcus, Bittman, Pepin, etc.) That way I can sort by those quickly but still include them in my main cookbook or my try first cookbook instead of leaving them in their individual cookbooks. As I enter more recipes from actual cookbooks, I may add the cookbook names as well (though I can also sort by source).
  Re: Re: Cusine at Home recipe files by Cubangirl (One of the features ...)
"...I was slowly transferring my favorites from the plus site when they suspended it."

That's what I was doing as well before they took the site down.

Thanks everyone, but I don't want anyone to spend more than 10 minutes on this. I'll look for the recipes on the forums or just type them manually. Thanks again.