Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy
  Re: (...)
I just made these and we stuffed our faces with every bite. These were shared on the RV forum and just sounded so good. I happened to have some apple sausage on hand - these were really great.

Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy

5 Pillsbury® Grands!® frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 25-oz bag)
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 medium apple, cored, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 lb bulk pork sausage
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/4 cups fat-free (skim) milk
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)

Heat oven to 375°F. Bake biscuits as directed on bag.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apple pieces; cook 4 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Remove; cover and keep warm.
Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, crumble sausage; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add 1 tablespoon of the flour, stirring constantly, until brown. Stir in remaining flour. Stir in milk with wire whisk. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in apple pieces, onion salt and peppers.
Split warm biscuits; place on 4 serving plates. Top with sausage-apple gravy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by Harborwitch (I just made these an...)
That sounds wonderful!

Is your RV forum RV.net? If so, I'm Trixxee there too, though I haven't posted in ages.
  Re: Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by Trixxee (That sounds wonderfu...)
does sound good - better check the site out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by cjs (does sound good - be...)
Sounds good, Sharon. I'm guessing yours was much better with your homemade apple sausage.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Sharon....)
That's my kind of meal.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by Lorraine (That's my kind of me...)
Yum! And I'll check out the site as well! Thanks!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Biscuits with Sausage-Apple Gravy by Lorraine (That's my kind of me...)
RV.net is it. Nice place - I think I was supposed to give you the addy Jean.

Daphne the sausage was from a sausage shop in a little town near here. It was soooooo good.

I didn't have onion powder - but I had some "montreal steak" seasoning that I'd made that had onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. I also doubled the amount. We'll make this again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!