Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7??
  Re: (...)
I know it's Thursday, not sure of the date, tho.

What's on the menu for everyone?

We're leaving the beautiful city of Victoria today - sorry to leave, but anxious to get some things done at home. Amazon has been a bear with this last book for some reason - they have it up, but out of stock...poor Roy (this has been such an education for him).

Also, I have pictures, pictures to get up. Bill & Jane's excellent adventure and our food pictures from here & Yakima, so watch out. Between theirs, ours, and Viccis, we'll all be drooling uncontroably. (or uncontrolably)

Oh, dinner? We'll stop at Soho Bistro, an Asian place, at home for a bite, then back to reality with food for the first time in what, 4 weeks????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by cjs (I know it's Thursday...)
The potroast is in the oven. It smells so good in here. There'll be carrots and potatoes to go with. I have to get some horseradish out of the freezer.

It's going to be an easy dinner, we have to get the coach ready to move tomorrow AM. Lots of stowing and stuffing of stuff so that things aren't flying around. Depending on how things go at the new RV park - I think Port Angeles and Roseburg are beckoning Bob.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by Harborwitch (The potroast is in t...)
We just haven't decided yet. It's almost 4:30 and we just don't know what we feel like having. I was gone most of the day so didn't really think about it until now. Might just warm up the soup I made yesterday. It was really good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by Mare749 (We just haven't deci...)
I'm taking a break from new recipes tonight. We haven't had the Chicken Saltimboca in a while, so that's dinner tonight. I'll have to have regular noodles instead of the spinach ones. The store is no longer carrying them, and I just don't have it in me to make my own tonight.

I always run out of gas on Thursdays, but with tomorrow being Friday, I always perk up in the morning.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm taking a break f...)
Easy supper here, French Toast and maple sausages.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by Lorraine (Easy supper here, Fr...)
Lorraine, you just gave me the nicest memory from years ago. When our girls were young, we would surprise them with "breakfast for dinner" once in a while. They were always delighted by this change in routine!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by Mare749 (Lorraine, you just g...)
Oh, on a cold, wintry night I love to have French toast or waffles and ham or bacon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - Thurs., 10/7?? by cjs (Oh, on a cold, wintr...)
The pot roast didn't get done. The neighbors invited us over for a farewell cocktail. We had leftovers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!