Sat. Dinner - 10/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm finally doing Grilled Ribs with Cherry Cola Glaze that Shannon mentioned last year and Trixxee brought up a few weeks ago. They sound so good. Potato salad is recommended to go with, but I think I'll just do some grilled red tatoes...and corn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
It's the neighborhood Halloween party tonight! No cooking, just enjoying... I will bring some chicken wings. The host is making sloppy Joe's. There will be lots of treats and appys to try.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by luvnit (It's the neighborhoo...)
I'm making a lasagna, bread, and an apple pie to take to a friend's house for dinner. Two couples have recently divorced, and we will be going to one's house with the other friend meeting us there. I'm making extra to have leftovers to share (since I have a feeling that neither of these men cook a lot).

Alas, I think that the rum will be flowing freely...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by luvnit (It's the neighborhoo...)
Be sure to note any new ideas, Laura! And have a good time!

Baby girl's birthday was Thursday, and she decided to have a camp out with her friends at the farm this weekend. She and boyfriend will be arriving around noon to set up and prep their dinner. He's making a big taco bar and has made mocha cupcakes in lieu of a cake. As I mentioned elsewhere, a friend posted the party on Facebook and invited 100 friends! She's pretty certain only 25 or so will show up, but William is still referring to it as Woodstock 2...LOL!

ANYWAY, she and a couple of close buddies are stopping by the house for lunch, and per her request, I'm retesting my top two recipes today for them. So lunch will be crab pizzas and shrimp mac and cheese salad.

Dinner tonight will be a simple Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup from C@H Splendid Soups. I haven't tried this one since it's so much like mine, but I thought I'd try it out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (Be sure to note any ...)
Well I'm going to try my hand at the Pork Wellington from issue 42 again. Since I've read the directions and found out that you need to let it chill for a couple hours after you've rolled it up in the pastry sheet, it may come out better this time.

Then I'm taking the Port Wine sauce from Cuisine for two and subbing dried cherried for cranberries for a sauce.

Corn was officially done a couple weeks ago so I'll have to forage for a side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by BarbaraS (Well I'm going to tr...)
Just finished my menu plan for the week. Going to make two recipes from CAH #83 - the pork stew on potato apple mash and the roasted butternut and pasta dish. Too many calories in a lot of the other recipe/dinners in that issue for us this week.

Hubby is still a the conference, and we have tickets to Chucho Valdés with The Afro-Cuban Messengers for tonight. Both kids living in town have other plans - looking for someone to take with me... should be a great show.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by HomeCulinarian (Just finished my men...)
I have declared today to be Chipotle Day and have made the Goat Cheese with Chile Morita and Piloncillo Sauce (using chipotles and all cream cheese) and the C@H Chipotle Chicken Tostadas from Jean's January review dinner. Made it all early because I was taking some samples to some friends, so I've just had a little of each for lunch and shall have more for dinner.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by labradors (I have declared toda...)
Jean - please let us know how you liked the ribs. I have been dreaming about them ever since I made them. I'm going to make them again for a Breeder's Cup bbq in November (if I can wait that long). Don't forget, let the soda sit for a few hours to flatten.

Tony's bringing home some opah from Costco. We'll grill that but that's as far as I've gotten.
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by Trixxee (Jean - please let us...)
Yup, the cola's been out quite a while now, the ribs are done baking and the house smells wonderful!!! Had planned to do some grilled potatoes with it, but found a chickpea side dish (with feta ) from the Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fab. book that I will try instead.

Labs, your day cooking sounds wonderful!! How did the goat cheese dip get by me? I'm donating an appetizer to the Habitat fund raiser on the 16th and thought I'd do an appetizer of 'goat cheese three ways' - I think this will be one of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sat. Dinner - 10/9?? by cjs (Yup, the cola's been...)
Where's a link to that rib recipe?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.