3 New PIzzas!!
  Re: (...)
Had fun trying the 3 pizza ideas from Wine O’Clock wine bar in Yakima this morning. With champagne, of course.

The first one, Pear, bacon, gr. Onion, aged white cheddar was very tasty – we had tasted this one at the wine bar. Gave it an 8+

Pear Pizza
[Image: CIMG0010.jpg]

2nd pizza – sweet corn, bacon, gr. Onion, smoked provolone and at last minute decided the corn might make the pizza a little ‘sweeter’ than we would like, I added red pepper flakes – great addition! We gave this one an 8+ also.

Corn, Smk’d Provolone – ready for the oven
[Image: CIMG0011.jpg]

Baked
[Image: CIMG0013.jpg]

3rd pizza – Pesto, eggplant, mushroom (crimini), toasted pine nuts, mozz. And added red pepper flakes to this one also.
If you add eggplant to a pizza, it’s a good idea to salt it and allow to rest for 30 minutes to get rid of the moisture. I rinsed it well and broiled it. (my only complaint - I didn't slice enought eggplant, I would have like more)

Salted eggplany
[Image: CIMG0006.jpg]

Eggplant,’ shroom – ready for oven
[Image: CIMG0015.jpg]

Eggplant baked
[Image: CIMG0017.jpg]

I amazed myself by liking the eggplant/mushroom pizza the best!! I’m not a big fan of either, but the combinaton of the goodies on this one just put it over the top for me. Gave it a 9+ Roy gave a 10+
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by cjs (Had fun trying the 3...)
Jean - they are just beautiful!!!! Oh, they look so good. The corn one in particular.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Jean, the pictures look great! William isn't an eggplant fan, but I figure I can trick him into trying it if I make him a regular. This'll be my next pizza experiment. Thanks for the ideas! I want to try all of them eventually, of course...LOL! You've turned some of us into pizza freaks! That's a good thing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the pictures l...)
Please let me know if you do try them - for Volume #2
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the pictures l...)
Interesting.

Some friends who have been to Japan a number of times told me that three popular things on pizza in Japan are (separately) squid ink, corn kernels, and potatoes with mayonnaise.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by labradors (Interesting.[br][br]...)
They all sound great, but #3 is calling me. I'll send you a review after I make it.

On #1, did you use fresh pear and how did you slice it, thin slices or chunks? Couldn't tell from the photo. That one is calling me too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by Mare749 (They all sound great...)
Maryann, that will be my second, also.

Jean, I will definitely take pics and review them for you as I make them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
They all sound good, BUT, the eggplant gets a 10 without even trying it (which I will!!)!! Jean you need an outdoor oven--you and Roy would love it--I'll bet that retired engineer is a closet mason--all engineers are different--our son Eric is one. Does Roy read "Dilbert". Todays was pure corporate exposure of frustration, incompetence, and the "Peter Principle".!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by Old Bay (They all sound good,...)
Jean those look amazing! That pear one could almost be a dessert. Hey there's an idea...a series of dessert pizza's

Labs - Eewww
  Re: Re: 3 New PIzzas!! by DFen911 (Jean those look amaz...)
The pears - I cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced them, unpeeled.

potatoes AND mayo???? hmmmmm

Funny you mention that, Denise - I want to take more and better time with some dessert pizzas this time. Make some very understated types.

Also, I tried doing the cheeses different on these. I used my meat slicer and cut all of it very thin slices. Don't know that I'll do it again, the cheese almost dissolved into the pizza...but, then that may not be a bad thing either...more play is needed. I used the slicer on the criminis also, I did like that.
www.achefsjourney.com