Secret Santa Time? (NOTICE: 2010)
  Re: (...)
I know it's early, but we're leaving the end of November for our Texas trip (I guess the present could be sent to Bills...... ), and I don't want to be late with someone's present. Barbara, dear heart, will you walk us through again this year?? You did such a great job last year.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Secret Santa Time? (NOTICE: 2010) by cjs (I know it's early, b...)
Jean I am glad you started this early. Once the holidays get going, it sometimes just gets to hectic to add another thing.

I know I didn't participate last year, but would love to this year. I would love to hear the specifics about how it works. I feel very much in the holiday mood this year!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by luvnit (Jean I am glad you s...)
Good idea, Jean. I have such a hard time finding just the right thing. This will give me a chance to find something appropriate for my little "chef"...LOL! While last year got interesting in the end, I think it turned out pretty good!

And Jean, will you have "Santa" send your gift to Bill's? I had hoped I might convince William to head that way and get to meet TWO sets of forum friends, but Christmas has gotten interesting this year. We're going to have two celebrations...one here and one in the mountains. I'm excited about a white Christmas, but I dread that all of us won't be able to be together. This will be a first for us. I guess we better get used to it. The kids are almost grown.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by Gourmet_Mom (Good idea, Jean. I ...)
""...LOL! While last year got interesting in the end, I think it turned out pretty good!" - DID IT EVER!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by cjs (""...LOL! While last...)
You know, I was going to bring this up early, too. This way the participants will have more time to search and shop and gather or whatever.

I want to do better this year, too. (Sorry Sharon)

All right, whomever wants to participate, start pm'ing me away!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by BarbaraS (You know, I was goin...)
Shall we set a deadline for joining in so we can get our names sooner?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by Gourmet_Mom (Shall we set a deadl...)
Absolutely Daphne! How about November 15th and a cutoff date to join. This would be a good buffer time.

Just PM me with you name (screen or otherwise) and snail mail addy. I just cleared out my PM box (except for Billy Cotton's PMs - can't seem to do that) and I'll take care of the list.

When I do the draw, you will receive the name of your recipient and addy, but that's all. No peeking or bribes or otherwise cheating. My vault is very deep.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by BarbaraS (Absolutely Daphne! ...)
I am in I am in...it was so exciting last year. I can make one suggestion...Lets do elfster.com. It will eliminate one person doing the choosing of the secret santa etc AND THE NEATEST THING......you can anonymously ask a person what they like and dont like and this way you know what you should buy.

We did that at work...it was a blast.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by piano226 (I am in I am in...it...)
I'm in, I'm in, too! What a great idea. It sounds like so much fun. I didn't participate last year, so I'd love some more details about how this will work.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time????? by karyn (I'm in, I'm in, too!...)
Oh yeah...did i mention that if we decide to go with elfster.com...i can be the person that sets it up.