Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls!
  Re: (...)
Just look at these hummers - I'm so making them!!

http://www.heartbreakrecoverykitchen.com...st-winner/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by cjs (Just look at these h...)
Hmmmmmmmm. I have left over cooked pork . . . maybe. . . !
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by Harborwitch (Hmmmmmmmm. I have l...)
Jean, I'm going to let you or Sharon try this one first. I DO have some leftover pork I could use, but I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm going to l...)
Oh my, I'm not having any trouble wrapping my brain around that one! Looks/sounds fabulous. Not exactly calorie friendly, but maybe for a splurge? Kind of reminds me a bit of the steamed buns from the Asian market that have bbq pork in them. Ron loves those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by Mare749 (Oh my, I'm not havin...)
Oh man my son would love these! I am going to have to remember this for when I have leftover pork. Not sure I would make pulled pork just to make this.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by luvnit (Oh man my son would ...)
"Not sure I would make pulled pork just to make this." - hmmm, I think I would!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by cjs ("Not sure I would ma...)
I'm still not sold on it, BUT I just had a thought. I wonder how it would be with shredded venison? I'm thinking William and the boys would like that! The cinnamon seems to make more sense with the venison, for some reason. As a matter of fact, William is going to marinate some venison "strap" meat in some Texas Pete to cook Saturday. (An idea he got from another hunter.) If he has some left over, I think I might just freeze it to try it out the following weekend and take out to the "boys".
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm still not sold o...)
Daphne, dear, do you mean you've never tried my Cinnamon-Coffee rub?????? Shame on you - it's great on chicken, beef, pork, just about everything! Cinnamon goes with savory very well.

1 Tablespoon Saigon Cinnamon
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons Instant Espresso powder
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by cjs (Daphne, dear, do you...)
mmmmm...mmmmm! I would definately make pulled pork just to try these.

Daphne, I'm kind of surprised that this sounds strange to you. Since you live in the south, I kind of assumed you would like pulled pork sandwiches. That's all this is. Recipe is copied and printed.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Not Your Mama's Cinnamon Rolls! by cjs (Daphne, dear, do you...)
I love that rub!

Cinnamon goes great with chicken, beef, pork, and lamb. The Greeks use a lot of cinnamon in savory dishes. It's an ingredient in lots of Latin American dishes. I use cinnamon in the sauce I serve on Huevos Rancheros. Of course the different kinds of cinnamon make a difference too.

I think the only time I've ever had something with cinnamon that was gawdawfull was spaghetti sauce. Perhaps she got the idea from Pastitsio they had at our house. Just not the same thing at all.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!