Classic Pot Roast Review
  Re: (...)
So last night we did the Classic Pot Roast with the potatoes/peas.

I did the recipe exactly as called for and it was very tasty. Ok so I did add a bit more salt. What made it so easy was the night before I cut up the veggies and then put them into a ziploc bag along with the thyme, bay leaves and garlic. So all I did when I got up was take the roast out, when for my walk and 30 minutes later the roast was ready to be browned. The sauce comes together pretty quick. I think the only step I would change is saute the garlic THEN add the flour, not the other way around.

The potatoes I did change a bit, in that all I did was also add 1/2 cup of fresh chives into the potatoes along with the peas. Not just on top as a garnish.

[Image: CHClassicPotRoastSmall.jpg]
  Re: Classic Pot Roast Review by DFen911 (So last night we did...)
That looks so good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Classic Pot Roast Review by Harborwitch (That looks so good! ...)
Oh yeah, and the weather "here" is ready for this dish - but, with Santa Anas???? (hope you didn't have a hot flash fixing it)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Classic Pot Roast Review by Harborwitch (That looks so good! ...)
Looks delicious, Denise! We love pot roast!

Don't you just love taking early morning walks? I've been doing that with Charlie for almost two years now, 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes in the evening and it's been good for both of us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Classic Pot Roast Review by Mare749 (Looks delicious, Den...)
I didn't use to like walking in the am....or pm But now that I've been doing everyday for the last 3-4 weeks it's been getting more enjoyable.
  Re: Re: Classic Pot Roast Review by DFen911 (I didn't use to like...)
We need to start walking. We keep talking about it, but never get around to it. Maybe when the weather cools off. We've got such a great place to walk, it's a shame not to take advantage of it.

Beautiful dinner, Denise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.