spiced meatballs smell fantastic!!
  Re: (...)
OH, I can't wait for dinner tonight! I just got my new gas range and painted my kitchen a beautiful spanish red and I have spiced meatballs in fragrant tomato sauce! oh, with lemon pastina, uh-- what is lemon pastina?
  Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by 432 (OH, I can't wait for...)
Here you go:

"soup pasta = pasta in brodo = pastine = little pasta Notes: As a rule, the thinner the soup, the smaller the pasta. For broths and light soups, select from a large assortment of tiny shapes. Larger shapes, like tubetti or ditali, are perfect for minestrone or other hearty soups. Substitutes: angel-hair pasta ( broken into small pieces) OR fedelini ( broken into small pieces) OR vermicelli ( broken into small pieces) "

From Cook's Thesaurus
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by Gourmet_Mom (Here you go:[br][br]...)

Thanks, where does the lemon part come in? Because I do not have the actual magazine, I'm not sure how the pastina was to be prepared. The instructions given to me by wonderful karyn say to put meatballs over lemon pastina and sprinkle with gremolta.( which I have the recipe for) Am I to add lemon to the pastina? Thanks again you guys
  Re: Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by 432 ([br]Thanks, where do...)
I have a lemon rice recipe that I make using the zest and juice of a lemon of half a lemon to the cooked rice. I'm guessing that is the case here....unless of course you are making your own pasta. In that case, I'd add the zest of lemon to the pasta when mixing it.

Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by Gourmet_Mom (I have a lemon rice ...)
o.k. I'll do that , great thanks, what a helpful group of people!!
  Re: Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by 432 (o.k. I'll do that , ...)
You are very welcome. And yes, everyone on here is great! We all jump in when we can.

While getting ready to leave, it dawned on me that I may have the magazine with this recipe. I don't have all of them, so it didn't occur to me to check. Here's the recipe:

Lemon Pastina
1 cup small dry pasta, such as acini di pepe or orzo
2 T olive oil
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T lemon zest
1 T chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain, and transfer to a bowl.

Add oil, lemon juice, zest, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste; toss to coat pasta.

I wasn't too far off, was I?
  Re: Re: spiced meatballs smell fantastic!! by Gourmet_Mom (You are very welcome...)
Thanks again, no you weren't far off! I agree that a brush with death sets things straight. Have a lovely day with your family. I'll be thinking about all the help I received while chomping on our family meal.