What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18??
  Re: (...)
OH, today's Daphne's Dinner review dinner - guess we'll have a late one with her working.

What's on the menu for everyone?

We're having the 2nd of three casseroles I made from the corn tamales and Mexican rice leftovers for dinner with 3 more artichokes from our plants. Those plants just went crazy this year. And, that casserole is one of those winners that I'll probably never be able to duplicate - darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by cjs (OH, today's Daphne's...)
I have to go to the store for something, so not sure yet, but do have a ciabatta bread started from The Bread Bakers Apprentice. It will be interesting to see if it's any better than the no-knead 18 hour bread. It certainly has a lot more steps!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by Mare749 (I have to go to the ...)
We are having C@H's apple & chicken crostinis with sweet potato fries. I made these sandwiches over the summer and they were really good. Love the dijon mustard and apple jelly combo. Easy enough for a school night.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by Trixxee (We are having [url=m...)
Hello, Trixxee???? Where, pray, will I find the recipe for those little goodies??? (I hope Daphne doesn't come on later and tell me I've already made them. )

Maryann, I'm ready to make some bread - the freezer is finally empty of all the thin sandwich things that I thought we'd never get thru (from Costco). But, we've all made so many breads around here, I just don't know which to make.....decisions, decision.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by cjs (Hello, Trixxee???? W...)
A colleague is moving away and I'm going to his farewell dinner at a local steak house tonight... Hubby has lots of leftovers to choose from.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by HomeCulinarian (A colleague is movin...)
Jeannette, he's a lucky guy. I would love to feast on leftovers at your house!

Jean, what about Macaroni Grill Bread. That was my second choice for today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by Mare749 (Jeannette, he's a lu...)
Mac Grill bread? good idea and we do love that one....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by cjs (Mac Grill bread? goo...)
Don't forget Crusty French Bread, our go to bread over here

It's time for a meatless nite, we used to have those regularly but not this summer. Must start this good habit again, so tonite it's going to be shells and broccoli with garbanzos in a nice Gorgonzola sauce.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by farnfam (Don't forget Crusty ...)
We're having Molto Manicotti with a salad. Now off to post my review! I almost forgot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 10/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having Molto M...)
I am so tired after baking piddly azzed things all day, that I was going to suggest he go get us pizza. but, I had already thawed 2 double thick pork chops, and some cornbread to make stuffing. So, it will be that, mashed taters asnd gravy, (don't laugh, they are instant taters and bottled gravy )and some brocolli.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.