What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu tonight?

We're having leftovers - that darn tamale casserole is just so tasty.

Cooked for my aunt yesterday - meatloaf and mac & cheese. It's harder than the devil to stay out of the family mac & cheese - I did keep a couple of small portions for us. I made it a little differently this time - I put it (mac & cheese) in the maxi - muffin pans, each held about 1 cup and each is nice and crusty on the outside (the best part). She'll also get some of the 21 dozen cookies!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I am shooting for the sausage and clam puttanesca over angel hair from the Dec. 09 issue. I'm hoping the grocery store I'm going to has clams. If not, we'll just do without.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by Trixxee (I am shooting for th...)
"the sausage and clam puttanesca over angel hair from the Dec. 09 issue." Oh piddle, am I going to have to save my leftovers???????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by cjs ("the sausage and cla...)
That does sound good! Will have to check that out.

We're having leftover lasagna (I saved two pieces from Sunday) and a nice mixed green salad. Ron has a dentist appointment after work, so I wanted to have something that wouldn't be too hard to chew.

ETA: I love the idea of using large muffin pans for the mac and cheese. Portion control and crusty! Great tip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by Mare749 (That does sound good...)
That sounds so yummy. Anyone who'd like to post that one, it'd be appreciated muchly

Tonite I'm planning Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with shrimp. Can't decide over rice, or with Crusty French bread. Better get my butt in gear if it's gonna be bread
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by cjs ("the sausage and cla...)
I finally remembered to take the smoked duck out of the freezer so we're going to have the duck and noodle salad (I have everything!!! )

Of course I could also make meatloaf, baked acorn squash, and the balsamic roasted strawberry salad.

Choices, choices, choices I'll let Bob choose,
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by Harborwitch (I finally remembered...)
Buffulo Chicken Meatloaf
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by DFen911 (Buffulo Chicken Meat...)
Seared scallops, risotto and green beans here.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by karyn (Seared scallops, ris...)
I had planned Uptown Kevin's Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce, but William called to say Jodie is with him. Maryann will tell you, he's a really BIG guy! No way am I sharing this dish! So I went to a menu item I didn't mind doubling and sharing...Pa Pa Burgers (Dad's own special mix) on sandwich thins with lettuce and tomato. I'll fix something with potatoes...probably Dad's Potato and Onion packets.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 10/19?? by DFen911 (Buffulo Chicken Meat...)
Quote:

Buffulo Chicken Meatloaf

?????? Did I miss this somewhere.

We went to lunch for our anniversary. It was our favorite nearby Mexican restaurant. Both of us suffered from "EBTOS" syndrome (eyes bigger than our stomachs). We're both sooooo stuffed. Dinner's a ways off. Burp!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!