RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras
  Re: (...)
For those of you who use RecipeFox to grab recipes on the Internet, there is a new site definition to be added to RecipeFox which will allow you to grab the recipes in the C@H Online Extras archive. There are recipes for all published issues of C@H from 2002-2010 that can be downloaded. I have attached the url to download the file that needs to be added to RecipeFox. If anyone needs further help, just e-mail me.

[url= http://recipetools.sourceforge.net/phpBB...php?id=437]http://recipetools.sourceforge.net/phpBB...hp?id=437[/url][/url]

For those who are unaware of RecipeFox it is an add-on to the Mozilla browser, Firefox, that grabs the entire recipe and image into either Master Cook or Living Cookbook with a few clicks of the mouse. It is a very easy way to add recipes from all those great recipe sites on the Web to either of those two recipe management computer programs.

Barbara
  Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by bfg (For those of you who...)
I'm either naive or over cautious, but Barbara, I don't know you and I'm afraid to open this site up. I apologize if I'm being insulting, but......

Jeannette, Labs, CubanGirl - all of you who know what the heck computers are about - what say you????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by cjs (I'm either naive or ...)
Hi CJS,

The url that I posted is the Web site for RecipeFox--it is a forum just like this forum. This is where the sites for RecipeFox can be downloaded and solutions for problems with RecipeFox found. If you use RecipeFox with Firefox, you will have to access this site to keep RecipeFox current and functioning. You would have no need to access the posted url if you don't use RecipeFox.

I am an approved registered member of this forum for 4 years. I have posted in the forum previously, but I do not post as frequently as some of you appear to do on a daily basis. I know cubangirl from the Living Cookbook forum where I am also a member and post in that forum. I am a very computer savvy person!

Barbara
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by bfg (Hi CJS,[br][br]The u...)
I just looked at Recipe Fox and some of the posts. My McAfee site advisor gives it a green check (that's good), and this seems to be a robust recipe capturing software.

So, based on my amateur sleuthing, I'd say Barbara is legit!
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by HomeCulinarian (I just looked at Rec...)
Thank you, Barbara for at least not sounding insulted - the computer world just scares the bejesus out of me.

I'm off to check things out - even tho I don't really know what you explained.

"If you use RecipeFox with Firefox, you will have to access this site to keep RecipeFox current and functioning. You would have no need to access the posted url if you don't use RecipeFox."

This is what I don't understand, but that's o.k., I'll check out the forum. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by cjs (Thank you, Barbara f...)
I keep thinking I'll add on Recipefox, but does it work with Mastercook???? That's my only hangup.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by bfg (For those of you who...)
I can't open the file. Anyone else having this problem?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by pjcooks (I can't open the fil...)
Yup - that makes me nervous. Hate it when that happens.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by Harborwitch (Yup - that makes me ...)
OK, Let me see if I can help. First, you need to use Firefox as your browser to use Recipe Fox. Once you are in Firefox, you go to add-ons and type recipe fox in the search box (you can also put cooking or something similar). Then you when you are offered Recipe fox you hit install and it will add a toolbar to the page in Firefox. The tool bar will have from left to right: a green button that says Grab It, a white icon labeled New Mark, a blackened asterisk labeled Show Configurations, next will be Show Recipes, next will be Show the Sites and finally an icon that looks like an old computer disc that is labeled Export them.

The Show Configurations one is where you tell it where you would like your recipes to go once you grab them. It will show where the recipes go when they are exported. It automatically picks up your Master Cook path or your Living Cookbook (or both if you have both). You can also customize it other ways, the tabs and boxes are self-explanatory.

When you click on Show the Sites, on the left will be a list of sites already in the program (quite a nice list), with icons on top. The first on the left is the ADD the site one. If you click on it a place will appear on the right where you can paste the copied link from the post above. When you paste the link, the C@H erecipe site will appear alphabetically on the left. If you click on it, it will take you to the site.

Using Recipe Fox is easy. When you are on a recipe website, if the Grab It button is <font color="green "> green , you can click on it and it will import the recipe. Clicking on Export them will open either MC or LC if not already open and you will see a dialog asking you if want to import the recipe. If you click yes, the import dialog for you program will open and you can proceed from there, Recipe Fox's work is done. You can import one recipe at a time or several. I don't know in MC, but in LC it puts everything in the right place including image. It works well with FC, Gourmet, Epi, CI (thought not on test recipes for some reason) and many others (see the list on Show the Sites). A lot easier than copying and pasting. Hope this helps.
  Re: Re: RecipeFox: New Site for C@H Online Extras by bfg (Hi CJS,[br][br]The u...)
Thanks Barbara, I have added it and it works. Now it I could only get CI and CC pages to work consistently I'd be set.