What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're headed for Everett for the day and then our new neighbors have invited us to dinner - so, no cooking for me today.

Need to look up "the sausage and clam puttanesca over angel hair from the Dec. 09 issue," tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
It's a beautiful day and I really want to work in the garden or even scrape paint off of the siding today, but I have to cook/ strain grapes for jam first and make applesauce (and I've scheduled an early-day run, too, since I don't have energy at the end of the day for that sort of thing...)so it probably will be a quick dinner. I am craving fish, and have salmon, so maybe the recipe with brown sugar/ bourbon glaze would be a nice, quick meal. And for some reason, I am often hungry for white potatoes in autumn/ winter, so perhaps some garlic-smashed potatoes.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20?? by foodfiend (It's a beautiful day...)
Going to a Wine Tasting Fund Raiser for the local children's museum. We'll scrounge leftovers when we get home!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20?? by HomeCulinarian (Going to a Wine Tast...)
I have some venison steaks that I'll cook up with mushrooms and onions, pan gravy and mashed potatoes. Ron always likes corn with this type of meal for some reason, so it will have to be frozen corn.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20?? by Mare749 (I have some venison ...)
Jean - we enjoyed the puttanesca very much. But you know, next time I'll leave the clams out. They were pretty expensive and not totally necessary to me. The sauce itself was very good - must have been the marsala.

I get the night off. My oven is acting up and I have a repairman coming out at 3:00 so "just in case" he's here past 5:00, Tony's picking up Mexican food to bring home.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/20?? by Trixxee (Jean - we enjoyed th...)
Tonight is one of the cooler nights this week, so I scheduled Lasagna Soup for tonight. Simple, yet delicious! I sure wish I had made bread this past weekend. Some good bread would have been so good. I think I'll check the freezer. I want to think I froze a loaf last time. Hope so!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.