Busy Few Days
  Re: (...)
Tonight we have a plated dinner for 125. Salad, 3 choices for main course, and dessert. I made about 150 Cabernet Chocolate Cakes thaqt will be topped with white chocolate and dark chocolate sauces, after being sprayed with more of the reduced Cabernet. I baked them in pyramid shaped silicone molds, and I have to say, they look and taste great! Yesterday, I grilled off all the veg for the Ratatouille apoleans (vegetarian offering). He marinated all the veg in a sundried tomatoe mixture that was really great. It will be topped off with a red pepper sauce. I sure hope he makes extra of those! Saturday we have a luncheon at noon, then another at 3pm, then dinner for 2 in the suites at the winery. I think I'll be sleeping in Sunday!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Busy Few Days by Lorraine (Tonight we have a pl...)
Everything sounds wonderful, Lorraine. Roy sympathizes with your job of grilling all the veggies - that used to be his job when he came up to help in the kitchen!!

Sunday will certainly be a feet up day!!

"Cabernet Chocolate Cakes" hope you get some pictures of this one - great presentation.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Busy Few Days by Lorraine (Tonight we have a pl...)
Wow! You are one busy lady. I wish I could try the Cabernet Chocolate Cake. Sounds just wonderful!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by luvnit (Wow! You are one bus...)
Quote:

Wow! You are one busy lady. I wish I could try the Cabernet Chocolate Cake. Sounds just wonderful!

Ditto!

Sounds like Sunday in bed will be a good thing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'd like to order one cabarnet chocolate cake, please...

I'm wishing you and DH lots of stamina for the next couple of days, and nothing to disturb your rest day on Sunday!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by foodfiend (I'd like to order on...)
Breathe in...out...ok go!

I love the creative idea of baking the cakes pyramid shape. Please do get pictures And I'd love to know how you make your red pepper sauce. You can post later..I can see you're busy this weekend. Good luck!!
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by DFen911 (Breathe in...out...o...)
Sounds like a wonderful party and presentation. Want to see pictures of those cakes unless you can ***** us each our own to try!!!
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by HomeCulinarian (Sounds like a wonder...)
Oh boy that ever sounds yummy. Hope you get your well deserved rest !!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by farnfam (Oh boy that ever sou...)
Lorraine’s Pyramid Chocolate cakes reminded me of a dessert we did in culinary school. Each year the apprentices put on a multi-course dinner for local chefs, friends/relations, and the public. We had to develop the menu, do the ordering, the whole shebang ourselves. It was so daunting and exciting. Our first year, I got assigned the dessert (they didn’t know me very well yet!) and this is what we came up with. When I submitted the idea, the committee said, no way we could do this one, we weren’t experienced enough. That’s all we need to hear.

I went home and told Roy I needed a cardboard frame to hold a pyramid shape and he obliged. The sponge cake was baked in sheet pans and cut in long strips and two sides were fitted with the cake. We then piped the bottom with a mixture of sour cream and heavy cream (whipped); then we layed a line of strawberries in the middle (we thought it was in the middle ) and piped more cream mixture. We layed the third section of the pyramid on and made sure the inside was completely filled with cream.

The cake was completely encased in the cardboard pieces and taped closed. It was allowed to chill until the next day. Then somewhere, we found a long metal round skewer, heated it really hot and burned lines on the cake sides.

This was the result – now remember we were first year apprentices, in fact we started school in Sept. and this was like November!!! Pretty darn good!

Strawberry Pyramid
[Image: strawberry0001.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Busy Few Days by cjs (Lorraine’s Pyramid C...)
Very pretty, Jean!

Lorraine, I wish you and Gil great stamina and success on your busy weekend. I agree with the day in bed on Sunday! And ditto on the pictures of the cake! Sounds FABULOUS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.