Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings
  Re: (...)
Here's my recipe for the dough - or, just sub truffle salt and truffled infused oil in your favorite dough recipe.

Truffle Pizza Dough

3 cups (15 oz.) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (1.7 oz) whole wheat flour
1/4 cup (.7 oz) dry milk powder
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. truffle salt
1 tsp. garlic powder and dry basil (I think I'll leave these out next round and see how we like it)
2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 tsp. truffle oil
1 1/4 cup warm water

Combine the flours, milk powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, basil and yeast in the bowl of a food processor; ‘buzz’ it up to combine well. With machine running, add the truffle oil following immediately with the warm water. Process just until the dough forms a ball. Remove from processor and knead the dough to 3 to 4 minutes; then put it in a large, oiled zip-lock bag and allow to rise in a warm place (75° to 80°F.) 1 hour until doubled in size.

Punch dough down and shape into a ball; refrigerate for 35 minutes to 1 hour. The dough can be left in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours to develop flavors. If it rises in the bowl, punch it down, re-cover and put it back in the refrigerator. The dough can be punched down 4 times before using. Or, you can freeze the dough at this time for up to 3 months..

When ready to use, remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 4 to 6 hours before using. If the dough is frozen, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator; then allow it to come to room temperature.

CJ’s tip: Recipe makes about 28 oz. of dough – enough for 3 10-12-inch pizzas.

Here's the pizza ready to bake - with the cheeses: Mt. Townsend TruffleStack (one you bought also, Sharon), Chaumes (one we found at Central Mkt. cause they were out of Taleggio and is it every tasty!!), Mozz, Parm. and the mushrooms - shiitake and Bunashimeji (Beech).

[Image: CIMG0064.jpg]

After baked, I wish the mushrooms showed better. I used the cheese on the bottom and some on the top both.

[Image: CIMG0067.jpg]

The wine we had with this pizza was just outstanding! BV '05 Reserve Tapastry Red wine (it was the best, but so close) and Cotes du Rhone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by cjs (Here's my recipe for...)
Thank you thank you thank you! Gads this looks and sounds so amazing. I think it's happening soon.

Uhm, how'd the TJ's pizza dough go?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by Harborwitch (Thank you thank you ...)
Oh, I forgot to mention it - it's very good, I would recommend it to anyone pressed for time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by cjs (Oh, I forgot to ment...)
Ok - uh, I have so much nothing to do, I might have to check it out! LOL Thanks for the heads up, it just might come in handy.

We are making a new Roman Shade for the window on the door this weekend. Sheeesh. This will be a project!
  Re: Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by Harborwitch (Ok - uh, I have so m...)
Oh, my, Jean! That looks wonderful! Truffle salt and truffle oil need to be on my Christmas list. I've been meaning to get some for a couple of other ideas mentioned on here, but keep forgetting.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, my, Jean! That ...)
Now I'm set to make this - must find the whole wheat flour and the truffle salt.
  Re: Re: Truffle Pizza Dough & Toppings by Harborwitch (Now I'm set to make ...)
Oh, just thought of something else. Last winter I also infused truffle flavor into flour - how the heck did I do that? I think I measure out like 1 cup flour and added 1/2 tsp. of truffle salt and took those measurements into account when I used it. I think that was it. darn memory.
www.achefsjourney.com