Jean - Help - Spaetzle!
  Re: (...)
I loaned my your a Chef's Journey to a friend of mine and need your recipe for spaetzle. Can you send it to me?

You can PM me if it's easier.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Jean - Help - Spaetzle! by luvnit (I loaned my your a C...)
Here you go -
Spaetzle

1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
4 cups ice water
1 T. butter
1/3 cup soda crackers (saltines), roughly crushed (about 10)
3 T. butter, divided

Combine 1/2 cup water, flour, eggs and 1/2 tsp. of the salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until blended.

Fill a large pot with water and add the other 1/2 tsp. salt; bring to a boil. Using a spatula, scrape small amounts of batter through the back side of a coarse grater over the boiling water. (Batter should drop in small pieces.) Or cut small pieces of the dough off the edge of the bowl into the boiling water.

When spaetzle floats to the surface of the water, remove with a slotted spoon and place in the ice water. Repeat with remaining batter. Then drain the ice water from the spaetzle. Set them aside.

Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spaetzle; cook and stir for 7-10 minutes until spaetzle is hot and just begins to brown. Pour onto a heated platter; set aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, melt the remaining Tablespoon of butter and add the crushed crackers; stir over medium heat until golden. Sprinkle over the spaetzle and serve immediately.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean - Help - Spaetzle! by cjs (Here you go -[br]Spa...)
Thanks Jean. This is great. I really wanted to make sure I had all the ingredients. For this I don't need the soda crackers. But... I am going to have to try Roy's family's method soon just for fun. I know that would be right up hubby's alley.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura