Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of
  Re: (...)
Why did no one tell me a tongue swells when being interviewed on radio????

I was interviewed today by Nadia Giordana on blogtalkradio.com and it was such a scary proposition, I decided not to say a word until I knew if I sounded like a complete person. I'm very glad to say I got thru it without embarrassing myself, but it was not a comfortable situation.

Here's the info, I think - I hope it will take you to the show..

Jean Denham--A Chefs Journey 10/22/2010 - Nadia Giordana | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio tinyurl.com

I hope you can find it from this info, if you're interested.

Laura is very circimspect (or circumspect ) in keeping nepotism in the background of her life, but I'll let you in on a secret - Nadia is our Laura's mother - and both women are wise in the world of communications. They do each other proud. Nadia made me feel like I was just talking to a friend....almost.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by cjs (Why did no one tell ...)
Here is an actual link Jean, you were great!: Jean's Interview with Blogtalk Radio

So glad Jean got her first interview out of the way...

MORE to come!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by cjs (Why did no one tell ...)
Oh Jean! That was wonderful! It brings tears to my eyes to see your successes! I think you did great! And Laura's mother is GORGEOUS! and very well spoken as well. I am very impressed with all three of you! I hope this brings you mega sales! I am more than proud to call you "friend".

BTW, I got to the site by Googling Nadia's name. If others are interested, here is a link to Nadia's site: Nadia Giordana Jean's interview link is a little down the page.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Jean! That was w...)
I'll check this out in the am - gotta work on speakers for my computer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by Harborwitch (I'll check this out ...)
Hey, Laura...where'd you come from...LOL! I wasn't sure if posting the site straight to the interview would work, so I posted Laura's Mom's site. To go straight to the interview, use Laura's link.

BTW, Jean, I'm thinking you need to update your FaceBook page to reflect your author status OR better yet, create a Chef's Journey site and link it wherever/whenever you can.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Laura...where'd...)
Daphne, I have 3 different face book things and Jennifer (from England) made one for a chef's journey, but I don't know how to integrate them or do anything with them....geeez.

Thank you for the kind words.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by cjs (Daphne, I have 3 dif...)
Just listened to your interview, Jean, and you did great. It was fun to year your voice! Thought I detected a Minnesota accent in the host!

BTW, check's in the mail today for a copy of corn & beans!
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by HomeCulinarian (Just listened to you...)
Jean,anyone who speaks publicly (or, rather, in front of more than two or three people) amazes me. I've never tried to access an audio on dial-up, but here's my opportunity to give it a go...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by foodfiend (Jean,anyone who spea...)
Wow, I am very impressed as well! You handled the interview like a true professional, Jean, and didn't sound the least bit nervous. Very interesting, too. Nadia has such a relaxed and soothing voice, so that probably helped as well.

Laura, your mom is beautiful! Like Daphne said, I'm impressed with all three of you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Surprise!! On the Radio, Kind Of by Mare749 (Wow, I am very impre...)
Quote:

Laura, your mom is beautiful! Like Daphne said, I'm impressed with all three of you!

Ditto!!

Jean, it was such a treat to hear your voice! You did a terrific job, and Nadia sounds like a wonderful person to have conducting your first radio interview.