Has Anyone Here Shipped Food Overseas?
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

With the help of my friends in my area, I have stumbled across what I consider the BEST Crab Cakes I've ever had! They're freshly made every day, and flash-fried for you to take home and finish in your home.

OMG, I cannot believe how they stay together, I visibly don't see any filler. So I got my Mom, Sis and Hubby from Scotland, one brother, and Hubby hooked.

My Sis' 17th Anniversary is in two weeks. I would love to send her and the hubby some, but I have never sent a perishable item overseas.

Has anyone done this before? What kind of "dances with postal" do you have to go through doing this?

TIA,

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Has Anyone Here Shipped Food Overseas? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]With...)
Barbara, I have yet to manage to ***** a good friend some venison through the postal service. Now bear in mind, this is within the states. ANYWAY, my postman said I could use the "If it fits, it ships" process. All I needed to do was find a cooler, preferable one of the collapsible kind, (not styrofoam or Coleman style) and pack the frozen meat in that with some dry ice. Then I could put the cooler bag in their box, label, and *****. And the prices are VERY reasonable. Overseas may be different.

My perishable was going to be larger than this, but what you are talking about would fit in an insulated "lunch bag" with the dry ice pack. Again, there may be restrictions against shipping perishables overseas that I am not aware of.

He also told me, that I could probably just package it frozen without the dry ice, and it would get there within 24 hours. I'm skeptical about that part, even here in the states.

Also, you can search "perishable restrictions" on the usps website.

I hope this helps.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Here Shipped Food Overseas? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I have yet ...)
You've probably thought of this already, but....have you asked the company if they ***** their product?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has Anyone Here Shipped Food Overseas? by cjs (You've probably thou...)
Jean,

They deliver locally, but don't ***** anywhere in the US.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.