What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight? (I'm almost afraid to hear what Jeannette is up to....)

Well, Roy really did it last week - he was outside mowing and this refrigerated truck came by...selling boxes of beef...Roy talked to the guy...and it was 'such a deal'... We now have 6 boxes of different beef steak cuts in the freezer. It better be darn good meat.

So, guess I'd better try out a steak. Also, he (Roy) found some Campanelle pasta at central market (his favorite) and bought all four of the boxes they had on the shelf. Plus, I have mushrooms from the same jaunt, so got to get thinking of a mushroom sauce for the pasta, I guess.

He sure played hell with my grocery fund this week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
It's homecoming weekend here. About to head over to the game and then we'll tailgate a bit after. Going to have some soup or chili out of the freezer when we get home later.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by HomeCulinarian (It's homecoming week...)
Roy is really doing a job on me this week re food!! He just got up and asked if I wanted to go to Costco and have Mexican for lunch...does a bear....

there goes dinner plans....think it is time for 'sex on the beach' at lunchtime also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by cjs (Roy is really doing ...)
I'm going to bake bread, if I can motivate myself. I've got a lot of work to do, but I'm going to take time out to make the Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. A big salad will be a good side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to bake br...)
Finally, you've been teasing me with this menu all week! I love his sauce.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by cjs (Finally, you've been...)
We are having a romantic Saturday, as hubby has worked OT all week. I got some little lamb chops and bought a George Foreman grill to do them on. Hopefully this new toy will get used for lots of other things. Along with the chops I'm planning spinach salad and honey ginger glazed acorn squash. For an appy crab stuffed portabellas. The wine a white zin. Not sure about dessert
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by farnfam (We are having a roma...)
Cis, your menu sounds wonderful! I hope you and hubby have a great evening.

We're having friends over. Since the beautiful weather is holding on a bit longer, I'm going to do the grilled flank steak churrasco from #64, along with a grilled corn salad and tex-mex rice.
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Cilantro Scampi w/ Cheddar biscuits & steamed asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by losblanos1 (Cilantro Scampi w/ C...)
Hi losblanos1! Welcome to our little group. I'm glad you decided to join in the chats. I hope you'll jump in more often.

Cilantro Scampi, huh? That sounds really interesting. I love scampi!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 10/23? by Gourmet_Mom (Hi losblanos1! Welc...)
May 19th???? Where the heck have you been, losblanos1??? Glad you're joining us now. Is the Cilantro Scampi from a C@H magazine?
www.achefsjourney.com