Some Recipe Development Required
  Re: (...)
Stay with me here, 'cause I'm going to be rambling....

Skipped the Mexican restaurant and stopped at Applebee’s for lunch. Glad we did as they had a couple new (to us) menu items that Roy ordered and I deconstructed – Won Ton Tacos – they were really good. Pulled Pork and spicy chicken were offered.

I’m thinking frying the won tons with some of the cubed chicken or pulled pork in the wonton would hold it open enough to be a ‘taco’ and top with the other goodies.

Asian dressing (creamy?) for the cole slaw topping mix? Maybe for the chicken marinate the pieces in the dressing or a stir-fry sauce. Jalapeno in the dressing, slaw, or ?

Maybe even bake them would be better for us all.

They were sure good!

We were too full for dessert – until we were told about the dessert shooters. DENISE!!

These glasses are both 5 -5 1/2 oz. and I think would work perfectly –
[Image: 15431LIB.jpg] [Image: samplerglass.jpg]

I’m thinking adapt a drunken root beer float into a shooter –
Layer:
Hot fudge
Coffee ice cream
Vanilla vodka
Little more chocolate sauce drizzled
Filled with root beer – which would take the place and resemble whipped cream topping.

And as another shooter –
Makes as above but omit the vanilla vodka (or not) and top with whipped cream instead of foamy root beer.

Strawberry Shortcake Shooter –
Strawberry coulee
Cubes of short cake/foam cake/something
Strawberry ice cream
Strawberry liqueur
Whipped cream

These will be really fun to play with – anyone have some more ideas for layering????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Some Recipe Development Required by cjs (Stay with me here, '...)
Why not a take on a B52 shot?

Pound cake soaked in Bailey's
Buttered Almond ice cream
Kahlua drizzle
Whipped cream

(Maybe a little chocolate shavings?)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom (Why not a take on a ...)
I'm thinking I can make a whole chapter on this dessert.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by cjs (I'm thinking I can m...)
A friend introduced me to a great coffee years ago. I forget what it was called, but it was made with coffee (of course), Frangelica, brandy, and whipped cream. I want to think there may have even been a shot of Kahlua in there. It was WONDERFUL! I think you could layer some coffee ice cream with a hazelnut flavored cake of some sort, a drizzle of Kahlua, top with whipped cream. Drizzle a little brandy and light it! FUN!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom (A friend introduced ...)
Here's another one:

A take on a tequila sunrise:

orange sherbet
tequila
some sort of crisp cookie?
grenadine syrup
Daphne
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom (Here's another one:[...)
Oh, I can't believe I didn't think about the White Russian a friend made me once at a restaurant. She and another friend (both old roommates) treated us to a fantastic evening of experimenting with new drinks and a fabulous dinner...for free! She made the White Russian with ice cream instead of cream.

pound cake
vanilla ice cream
Kahlua
whipped cream
Daphne
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom (Here's another one:[...)
oh geez, who cares if any of these make in a book, I just want to try them!!!

One of my mother's favorite desserts (behind warm berry cobbler)was ice cream with homemade kahlua drizzled over the top. Daphne, you know we have to test all of these.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by cjs (oh geez, who cares i...)
"Daphne, you know we have to test all of these....."

Hey, somebody's gotta do it!

Oh, don't forget to include Denise's Jello Shooters!

Spiked Strawberry jello layered with bananas (fruit cocktail or fruit of choice), whipped cream, and chopped nuts!

This is fun!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom ("Daphne, you know we...)
Oh, my! I was checking drinkmixer for Kahlua ideas that I may have forgotten and found this. It's just MADE for this kind of thing...minus the ice.

Kahlua Cookie recipe
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
3 chocolate cookies
1 1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 dash vanilla extract
1 oz half-and-half
1/2 cup crushed ice

Combine all in a blender. Blend extremely well, pour into a large glass (ie. hurricane) and serve.

Read more: Kahlua Cookie recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink11851.ht...z13DrJVdbp
Daphne
  Re: Re: Some Recipe Development Required by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, my! I was check...)
oh, you are so bad.
www.achefsjourney.com