Sunday Dinner - 10/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're testing the beef fillets (Roys "alley find" )
probably some sweet tato fries.

Also, my friend who was mentioned in Black Beans & Corn book 'cause he wouldn't part with his wonderful recipe for hush puppies and I had to include my "Sauerkraut Hush Puppies" instead. I NOW HAVE HIS RECIPE!! He was embarrassed that he hadn't given it up before.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Oh, that's good, Jean. Recipes are meant to be shared. I was acquainted with a man years ago who made an appetizer that was tasty and we all liked it, but he refused to give it up. Sadly, he is gone now, along with his precious recipe. It would have been a nice way to remember him if he had shared it.

Anyway, dinner today will be fried pheasant. I described Daphne's scrumptious sounding recipe and Jean's method, and he opted for Jean's. He said he just wants "regular" food for a while. He gets tired of new recipes once in a while and wants me to cook old tried and true standbys.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Did you help him with getting in touch with his embarrasment? I think I'll do the pizza today, regular dough with the truffle salt and oil added. If we venture out I'll make the roasted strawberry salad. I need to get salad mix.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by Harborwitch (Did you help him wit...)
Leftovers from my contest recipe.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by labradors (Leftovers from my co...)
"He gets tired of new recipes once in a while and wants me to cook old tried and true standbys." - Roy too and you know sometimes I just want something tried and true and comfort family food. Have a great dinner, Maryann.

Oh Sharon, Roy is still talking about that pizza. The Reuben pizza has been replace as the favorite!

Labs, get the darn recpe submitted so we can see it - it's not nice to be stingy (or slow)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by cjs ("He gets tired of ne...)
An assortment of Italian leftovers - eggplant parm, sausage cannelloni, penne w/marinara and pizza.
Yum to everyone's dinners tonight. If I weren't making Sauerbraten I think I'd want to stop over at Trixxee's for a bite to eat. Leftovers at her her place sound better that some firstovers.

But I think I could eat leftovers from anyone's home here on the forum.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by cjs ("He gets tired of ne...)
Well the new little fridge is a bit tempermental. To keep the little freezer frozen veggies in the fridge freeze. Frozen lettuce is NOT good. We'll have to run into town to get some salad stuff.

I'm sticking with the plan - hoping that a half a huge bag of hashbrowns will stay okay in the fridge until tomorrow. So I know what tomorrow's dinner will be.

We've changed the plan . . . . hash brown casserole tonight. Francois is bringing steaks tomorrow and I'll do the pizza and salad to go with them. Jean that little grill is working great so far!!!

Jean, I am such an person - I should have left you some corned venison to play with that Reuben Pizza and we forgot to give you some smoked venison sausage. S#it!!!

Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by Harborwitch (Well the new little ...)
Well, piddle! I'm hoping that little grill works for both of us for a long time...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 10/24?? by cjs (Well, piddle! [img]/...)
Me toooo!