What's next to your stove?
  Re: (...)
Very handy next to my range is a tray of what I would call cooking condiments. Maybe someone else would call it something else. These are items I keep next to the stovetop for cooking and seasoning foods.

What do you all keep right next to your stove for cooking and seasoning?

[Image: DSC03130.jpg]

From left to right:
back row: red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, canola oil, olive/truffle oil, olive oil, pepper grinder
Second row:
flour sifter, powdered sugar sifter, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, pam spray
Semi-middle row:
sugar, coarse ground black pepper, ground rosemary(homegrown)
Front Row:
Kosher salt, table salt, sea salt, GB seasoned salt, GB seasoned pepper, ground jalapeno powder (homegrown)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's next to your stove? by luvnit (Very handy next to m...)
I only have a small cabinet with counter next to my stove, then there is the frig. So, all I have on that counter are two crocks with cooking utensils, and salt & pepper. Everything else I take out as I need it. I sure do like your idea though, might need to do some re-arranging.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by Mare749 (I only have a small ...)
The end cap of the island/chopping board. It has three shelves and a draw and they are filled with spices etc.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by farnfam (The end cap of the i...)
I see some 'Grandma Behrendt's seasonings' there, Laura.

Does everyone remember Laura produces a line of seasonings under her mother-in-law's name and the proceeds go to the children with Autism organization?? I have the seasoned pepper and I really like it.

Here's the left side of my stove - I try to keep it fairly cleaned off because its my primary 'work station' near the stove. (ooops, just saw all my papers taped - this shows how much of a work station it is, I always have something taped that I'm working on.
[Image: CIMG0082.jpg]

The right side is messier -
[Image: CIMG0081.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by cjs (I see some 'Grandma ...)
I like to keep my space open as well, since there's not much work space on either side of my stove. The right side is a small space between stove and sink. On that side, I keep my salt and pepper, a cup for utensils, the can opener, and my dish soap. The other side is an equally small space. That side has my coffee maker and two small containers: one for sweetener packets and another for empties (Otherwise, William would leave them on the counter...sometimes he still does.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by Gourmet_Mom (I like to keep my sp...)
Laura, I'm in love with your range! My cooktop is not nearly as nice, and only my non-self-cleaning oven works.

I keep Kosher salt, sea salt, my pepper grinder, and a garlic keeper right next to the stove (next to the mini-tv DH bought me). All the other spices I use frequently are in the cupboard right above. I like pretty minimalist decor, so my countertops have seasonal potted flowers in front of the windows, a coffemaker (LOVE my Keurig!!!), and my knife block within easy reach, but not much else.
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by karyn (Laura, I'm in love w...)
I have a 5' commercial stove on one wall of my kitchen (with a door on either side), but since the room is narrow, seasonings, etc. are located in easy reach on a long counter running along the opposite wall.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
My savory prep area is the corner between the stove and the sink but it is an open area to the family room. I try to keep that side somewhat organized. I have my Kapoosh knife block, an LC crock with high heat silicone spatulas, spoons and forks (SS ones in the drawer), a SS kosher salt cellar (like ABs), a can opener and a Cuisinart mini FP. All spices, oils, vinegars, breading materials, sugars and other salts are in the cabinets in that corner.[Image: Savoryprepend.jpg]. The jar was being emptied so I could store flour in it, but does not normally live there. You can't see but there are 2 cabinets on top as well, one normal, one skinny. The skinny has spices, salts and sprays. The skinny one on the bottom has all the oils, vinegars, sauces (different soys, fish, "Worcestershire, etc), Crisco, Marsalas, dry sherry, etc.
Cutting boards, shield and spiders live under the stove. The other side of the stove is a walkway.[Image: Oven2010.jpg].
Quote:

(LOVE my Keurig!!!), and my knife block within easy reach, but not much else.

I have always wondered about those Keurigs and think they are super looking. I also love seeing everyone's workspace! Really cool. A stove was refrenced and that was not mine, it was Jean's Chef's Stove. Yes, it is very, very cool. I envy that also. I may have a pic or two to show tonight. I just have to get the camera out.

Okay this is what I got for photos today [Image: DSC03131.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's next to your stove? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
looks like spaetzels to me...

CubanGirl - I'm intrigued, what is the wall between the stove and corneer - is that a blind of some sort? or is is wall paper? Whatever it is,it's pretty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com