What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

My new wok is all seasoned and ready to go - I'm going to do it right this time and "learn" myself to stir-fry properly. So, starting at the beginning of Grace Young's book - making Stir-Fried Garlic Spinach (have a piece of ham I can add to it and answer, "yes, there is meat in this"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I still haven't made my C@H's shrimp tacos and cabbage slaw - need to before the cabbage goes bad. Spanish rice on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by Trixxee (I still haven't made...)
I made spaghetti sauce and meatballs this morning and put that in the crockpot for later. Holly is coming over with the girls in between their after school activities and Ron is golfing after work. So, this way, I can just cook up some pasta as we need it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun with the wok. That's another toy that Bob gets custody of - I wimp out on the heat.

Tonight we are finally having the truffle & mushroom pizza, the salad with balsamic roasted strawberries, steaks on the grill, and perhaps a dessert. We have a lovely shiraz.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by Harborwitch (Have fun with the wo...)
Looking forward to reading about Jean's adventures with the wok!

I'm working out of Cook's Illustrated best of 2010 cooking for two. We've had such a build up of leftovers lately.

Tonight, I'm going to make a pork tenderloin and sweet potato dinner. Have leftover artichoke salad and gazpacho to go with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by HomeCulinarian (Looking forward to r...)
We're also doing a CI recipe--the Skillet Chicken, Broccoli, Ziti, and Asiago. It's one of my favorite easy, comfort food dishes. I'm reducing the ingredients to fit into a 10" skillet, rather than the 12" skillet the recipe calls for, so that we don't have too many leftovers either.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by karyn (We're also doing a C...)
Dinner got postponed. Francois has to work late. Now I have no idea. Leftovers???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by Harborwitch (Dinner got postponed...)
Why??? You and Bob are special enough to have the Truffle Mushroom pizza!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by cjs (Why??? You and Bob a...)
I agree with Jean, Sharon!

I'm making an old Cooking Light recipe that I haven't made in a while: Honey Citrus Bbq Chicken. My side is the result of an intense search a couple of years ago for a Cheesy Squash Casserole like William's Grandmother used to make.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday - 10/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with Jean, S...)
My plans have completely changed. That cabbage will have to wait for one more day.

Received the new CL today and this caught my eye - plus I had everything on hand. Kind of a boring name - Rotini and Cheese. LOL.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0000107396