CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you?
  Re: (...)
I loved the "tip" in Tips & Timesavers to use a cooling rack on the baking sheet to bake the biscotti the second time. I usually try to stand each slice up on the sheet but invariably they would fall like a line of dominoes as I placed them in the oven.

Also keeping gravy warm using an insulated carafe.

Now,the recipes:

Pecan Brittle-Bark is already on my holiday baking list.
Spiced Mashed Squash with Marshmallow Meringue looks so fun
Sauteed Apple and Gingersnap Parfaits sound perfect for a fall treat!
Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Eggnog Filling- I can't wait to make these!
I'll add the Turkey Stroganoff and Bbq Pulled Turkey Sandwich to my "After Thanksgiving" menus
Dare I make the Pumpkin Cake?!?!?

Wait. Most of these are sweets! Well, it is the season... I'll have to go back through the issue and see if I notice any actual food recipes this time.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by foodfiend (I loved the "tip" in...)
Hmmmm, will have to catch up with you later, don't have the issue yet, darn. "Bbq Pulled Turkey Sandwich" sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by cjs (Hmmmm, will have to ...)
I received my issue yesterday. It contains a lot of sweets.

I want to try the Tenderloin and the roasted vegetable salad.
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by HomeCulinarian (I received my issue ...)
I just got it from the mailbox. On first glance not too much is jumping out at me other than that cake! God does that look good. And maybe the chicken/stuffed shell dish. And perhaps the shepard's pie with sweet potatoes on top.
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by Trixxee (I just got it from t...)
I'm looking forward to trying several of the recipes. I think the chicken/stuffed shell dish looks like a lot of fun. I may also give the Brussels sprouts with gorgonzola a try. The pecan brittle also looks amazing. I'm on the fence about the shrimp and tofu soup. It seems like a dish I'd enjoy in the spring more than the winter.

I've never had spoonbread, but if the men in my life have their way we'll have ham instead of turkey for Thanksgiving. I think the spoonbread might be a nice change of pace as a side dish.
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by karyn (I'm looking forward ...)
No new issue yet, but it sounds interesting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by Mare749 (No new issue yet, bu...)
"And perhaps the shepard's pie with sweet potatoes on top." Oh no, they didn't!!!!! JEAN! Oh, okay...this one has Moroccan flavors...WHEW!

I see a lot I like...everything in the appy section, Thanksgiving section, and leftover section. Then there's that Pumpkin Cake and the Butterscotch Pie with Walnuts and Toffee.....MMMMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by Gourmet_Mom ("And perhaps the she...)
"Brussels sprouts with gorgonzola"

" shepard's pie with sweet potatoes on top."
weren't we just talking about doing this??

Better speak to the mailman...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by cjs ("Brussels sprouts wi...)
Those appetizers look wonderful!

-Mini open-faced Meatloaf sandwiches
-Mini chiken alfredo in shells
-Mini lobster rolls

Gotta try em all!

The brussel sprouts with gorgonzola looks wonderful too.

Hey, where did that butterscotch pie come from?????

Oh and the Roast Pork Loin with Pineapple-Raisin sauce.

It seems a bit thinner than most issues, maybe it's just my imagination.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: CAH Issue #84, what jumps out at you? by cjs ("Brussels sprouts wi...)
Jean, I'm hoping to tempt William with the sprouts again with this one!

And yes, we were discussing this idea for my contest recently. I've actually tried it out. I almost freaked out when I saw this, but my flavors are Asian, not Moroccan.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.