Wednesday Dinner - 10/27?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I have plans, but I'm so afraid they are going to be interupted by the opening of a 'super' Walmart here in town. Roy wants to go and check things out and I'm dreading they'll have lots of freebie tastes and junk food.

I'm planning a stir-fry, Chinese Jamican Jerk Chicken Fried Rice from the stir-fry book. It's quite a lengthy list of ingredients, but I cooked the brown rice couple of days ago and made the jerked chicken yesterday, so it sure could be a weeknight dinner if all goes well.

The jerk smelled absolutely wonderful while it was cooking. If the final dish is half as good, this is going to be a 10++
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We have some leftover steak, some leftover pizza dough. I thought I'd have leftover mushrooms - alas it was not to be. I have no idea - a nice big salad with sliced steak sounds good.

We leave in an hour to go to Joan's to make bacon. Finally. I'll have a better idea when we get home.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Harborwitch (We have some leftove...)
Husband won't be home so I'll throw something together. Asparagus was only 99cents a pound yesterday so that'll be on the plate!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Trixxee (Husband won't be hom...)
Book Club tonight at someone else's house. Her husband is a good cook and so whatever we have should be great!

We are going to discuss the first two books in the Millennium series -- looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by HomeCulinarian (Book Club tonight at...)
I'm supposed to be playing with a pork pot pie recipe, but this may change. I really have too much school work I need to be doing. I may put this on hold until the weekend when I will be able to take my time and take notes.

Can you tell I'm quickly talking myself out of this one?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm supposed to be p...)
I made my own version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana earlier this afternoon and also made some mushrooms stuffed with chorizo for an app. We took Tommy and Alyssa to the park in our backyard after school to fly kites since it was nice and windy. What a gorgeous day here!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Mare749 (I made my own versio...)
Does sound fun, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by cjs (Does sound fun, Mary...)
Dinner sounds great, Maryann! What fun with the grands! I'm glad you guys weren't affected by the severe weather. Luckily, it has stayed NNW of us.

BTW, Jean, I'm loving the new avatar!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Gourmet_Mom (Dinner sounds great,...)
I was wondering when you were going to start using that, Jean? I love it too; it just suits you. And your signature makes me smile!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner - 10/27? by Mare749 (I was wondering when...)
I don't know why I haven't used my little chef before - it is my company logo. is cute.
www.achefsjourney.com