Weather in the Mid-West???
  Re: (...)
Other than Jeannette, is anyone threatened by the weather front going thru? But, no way is any weather going to stop her from her book club...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by cjs (Other than Jeannette...)
It's pretty windy here. Lost some siding, but we were able to put it back on, for now anyway. I have never seen anything like it. It's like tornado wind all the time. Cushions blowing off the porch furniture, plants blowing out of the urns, plastic pumpkins rolling down the street.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by luvnit (It's pretty windy he...)
I hope everyone is okay! I was worried about Jeannette, Barbara, Linda, Maryann, and Vicci, but since Maryann only commented on windy kite weather, I figured it had passed them. It looks like the NE is next! Hang on PJ and Cis!

Oh, and LORRAINE! We had a tornado touchdown in the northern middle part of the state this afternoon! I hope Lorraine and Gil are far east of this thing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope everyone is o...)
Yes, those high winds were suppose to go through here, but it ended up being much milder than what was predicted. I was thinking of Sharon this morning when I was watching the weather channel and how lucky she is to be out of North Dakota today! The weather person said that even though they are used to it this time of the year, it still came in with a bang. Stay safe everyone!

Just wanted to share these photos from this afternoon, flying kites with Tommy and Alyssa.

[Image: Octoberpix003.jpg]

[Image: Octoberpix009.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Mare749 (Yes, those high wind...)
Same as Maryann, the prediction was way worse that what actually happened. I went out for a run as it was coming in (I couldn't get to it any earlier...). I ran loops and as I went north, there were the most incredibly ominous (yet beautiful) indigo-colored skies ahead,then to the south blue skies and wisps of clouds, then north again and those clouds were coming closer, and on and on until a branch whizzed past my face and I decided to pack it in for the day.

I had storm-prepped everything, and as long as the power stayed on through my shower, I figured I'd be fine. And it was.

Laura, hope that today's cleanup was minimal for you.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by foodfiend (Same as Maryann, the...)
Maryann, how cute!

Vicci, I'm glad the day went well for you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Mare749 (Yes, those high wind...)
Oh my! I keep getting severe weather alerts on my cell phone for Medina, ND. Bob and I figured that the mobile home is probably toast after this. (wonder why we bailed!) We'll give Cousin Roy a call tomorrow to see how they are.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Harborwitch (Oh my! I keep getti...)
Sounds like you got out of there just in time, Sharon. I hope the rest of your family is safe.
Maryann

Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Mare749 (Sounds like you got ...)
We'll check on them all in the AM. Ya know the farmers hit it early unless they're at our place for dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Weather in the Mid-West??? by Harborwitch (We'll check on them ...)
I'm sure they are missing you already!
Maryann