Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84
  Re: (...)
Okay, these suckers were so good!

Some things I will tell you. I read the recipe and it said to cook the shells for 12-15 minutes (al dente), but my pasta package said 10 minutes. I cooked them for 10 minutes and it was not enough. If I were going to cover them with sauce and bake them, 10 minutes would have been perfect. They were still too hard. So I cooked another 3 minutes and they are perfect.

You can fit more onto the mini muffin tin if you point the shells a different direction (every other hole). The muffin tin worked beautifully, even 'opening' the shells with the weight of the filling inside for better broiling surface.

[Image: DSC03142.jpg]

They broiled up just lovely and tasted just wonderful! This is a keeper! BTW I used my 20 scoop for the filling and it was perfect.

[Image: DSC03145.jpg]

Now these will be a crowd pleaser and good eats!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by luvnit (Okay, these suckers ...)
Good Lord, you've made something from #84 already???? You are on top of things, lady!

O.k., these did not turn me on looking at them - maybe I'll have to try them also. (sometimes I get so tired of eating my words. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by cjs (Good Lord, you've ma...)
Looks good! We'll try this one.
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by cjs (Good Lord, you've ma...)
Quote:

Good Lord, you've made something from #84 already????

Considering restaurant terminology, will there be a #86, or will they skip it and go straight to #87? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
if they're smart, they'll skip it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by luvnit (Okay, these suckers ...)
Joan and I drooled over these yesterday!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by Harborwitch (Joan and I drooled o...)
I'm anxious to make these,also. Good to know someone has tried them and liked them. When I get around to making these, I'll add my review to this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by Harborwitch (Joan and I drooled o...)
Laura, those look delicious! Thanks for the review!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by Mare749 (Laura, those look de...)
And really even though I cooked the shells for a total of 15 minutes, they were still very al dente. Hubby came home and they had kept their shape and chewy bite. He nuked a couple for 20 seconds and they were good as fresh. These things could stay on an appetizer platter for a long while before losing their moxy.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Mini Chicken Alfredo Shells Review - CAH #84 by luvnit (And really even thou...)
I'll have to make these... and tell Joan about your review.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!