T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner? (I forgot to do this thread yesterday - did we miss any good new dishes??)

We're having Peppery Veggie Rice. Finally have soups in the freezer again, made three yesterday - ham & beans, split pea & ham, and Corn & Poblano chowder. That shelf sure looks good. Two more to go.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by cjs (What's for dinner? (...)
We're having an Asian meal tonight. Miso soup, Mom's Fish in a Clay Pot, sesame snow peas, and steamed rice.

Jean, I like your idea for making soups for the freezer. What type of container do you use for storing?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by Mare749 (We're having an Asia...)
I have some old plastic containers I used when I was personal cheffing - they hold about 2 1/2 - 3 cups of soup each. But, I also use sour cream, ricotta, whatever containers I empty.

With our new mid-day eating regime, it makes so much sense to have a variety of soups handy for a later small meal.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by cjs (I have some old plas...)
I'm making the country ribs with mango barbecue sauce from issue 70 only I'm using a pork tenderloin. Asparagus and baked potatoes as sides.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by Trixxee (I'm making the count...)
Not sure... our pre-dance dinners have petered out becuase of conflicts. Probably some soup from the freezer, salad and bread.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by HomeCulinarian (Not sure... our pre-...)
"our pre-dance dinners have petered out becuase of conflicts." - oh, oh, that doesn't sound good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by cjs ( "our pre-dance dinn...)
hahaha... not what I meant. The conflicts are of commitment, not among the people!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by HomeCulinarian (hahaha... not what I...)
Yesterday we had chicken breasts with avacado and grapefruit salsa from the most recent Cusine Light book.

Tonight will be taco soup for the kids and a grilled Porterhouse steak and brocolli for us. Steak is becoming our Friday night regular.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by esgunn (Yesterday we had chi...)
We're having steak night tonight, also. Last night I made an ACF Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo recipe. We like it a lot. William said I could make it again any time. I found it in MC.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/29?? by esgunn (Yesterday we had chi...)
Well, shoot, Jeannette, I was looking forward to some interesting posts from you....

Erin, you and Daphne are really Friday night Steak people! It is a fast and easy dinner, tho, isn't it. And, boy do we have the steaks in the freezer now.
www.achefsjourney.com