Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84
  Re: (...)
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Warning tho, not for the faint of heart. As much as we love heat, we were both wiping our brows. I wouldn't change a thing otherwise. Was a bit labor intensive for a weeknight but was really good. Be sure to include the Cilantro Noodles. They made the soup.
Shannon
  Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by Dismc (Thoroughly enjoyed t...)
I had skipped over this one because of the tofu, but I forgot months ago, I promised myself I would work with and learn more about adding tofu to dishes.

Thanks for posting the review and the warning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by cjs (I had skipped over t...)
Jean, you are breaking my heart! I LOVE tofu! Too bad Sonja isn't around anymore, I am pretty sure her hubby eats it daily. I think miso soup is her favorite recipe using tofu. I love to cut it into planks, season well, grill, and serve with that greek salsa on spinach fettucine. That is my number one favorite dinner.......EVER!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by chef_Tab (Jean, you are breaki...)
Theresa, I promise I WILL USE IT ann get used to it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by cjs (I had skipped over t...)
Quote:

I had skipped over this one because of the tofu, but I forgot months ago, I promised myself I would work with and learn more about adding tofu to dishes.

Thanks for posting the review and the warning.

I may try this--hot and sour is the only thing where I eat tofu. I wonder if the local food bank takes leftover tofu!! My Chinese place makes wonderful soup. Maybe I'll pass.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
C'mon Bill, suck it up - If I can do it, you can too!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by cjs (C'mon Bill, suck it ...)
I MIGHT be able to try this IF I didn't tell William what was in it...LOL! But then, that would require me to trick myself...LOL!

Since his local Chinese fix is closed for a few months, he will be visiting the Thai place more. He likes their food, and I'm sure he's had tofu there...just didn't know it...LOL! So I may be able to sneak some by him....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hot & Sour Soup w/Shrimp & Tofu, ISSUE 84 by Gourmet_Mom (I MIGHT be able to t...)
Thanks for the review, Shannon and especially for the warning about the heat. I'll be making this one for sure, if I ever get my new issue!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."