Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!!
  Re: (...)
[Image: CIMG0095.jpg]

These were unbelievable burgers!! I am sooooo full, but oh my, was it worth it!!

Here you go, if anyone wants to pig out:

Grilled Pulled Pork Hamburgers

Season both sides of the burger patty with salt and pepper. Grill according to guest preferences for doneness.

Brush both sides of the bun with butter, grill until toasted and place on a platter until needed. When the burger is almost done, place the cheese slice over the burger to melt. Place the pork (2 oz. per burger) and the bourbon barbecue sauce (1 oz. per burger) in a mixing bowl and toss well to thoroughly combine.

3. Place the pulled pork on top of the burger patty and top with bacon slices. Place the burger with the pulled pork and bacon slices on top on the heel of the bun. Place the lettuce, tomato and red onion on the crown of the bun.

Bourbon BBQ Sauce (from C@H)

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup each: ketchup, apple cider vinegar & bourbon
1 T. Worcestershire sauce

Simmer the ingredients together for 5 minutes. Off heat, season with: salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Here's his coleslaw:

CHILI-SPIKED COLESLAW (I've reduced it from 10 servings to 2 servings-approximates)

12 oz. Cole slaw vegetable mix
1/3 cup Cole slaw dressing
Pinch Chili powder

Layer:
On the grill:
Burger
Cheese
Pulled pork
Layer on bottom bun with onion slice
Bacon slices
Tomato
lettuce

Description:
"This recipe is from Chef Dean Small, Laguna Beach, CA"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No way did we have cole slaw also, but I dare ya'all to make these burgers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by cjs ([img]http://i3.photo...)
Jean!! Those look amazing!! Was your pulled pork just a standard smoked pork butt? Is that your own bacon you made?
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by DFen911 (Jean!! Those look am...)
William likes the look of that one...and so do I! His only other comment was, "That looks like one of those 2000 calorie burgers!"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (William likes the lo...)
Jean.... you are not playing fair! First that rice dish, now this? and the bacon is soooo prominant. Dang, I am trying to hate you, but it isn't working.

I showed Wally the photo, and he is quite upset too. He is trying to be angry at you as well.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by cjs ([img]http://i3.photo...)
"Holy GD #ell" said Bob - through drool. Jean you succeeded in gilding the gilded lily and diamond studding the Hope Diamond.

Geeze that looks beautiful. I'm drooling too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by Harborwitch ("Holy GD #ell" said...)
It was so darn good! The flavors together....

Denise, I smoked the pork shoulder on Friday, then mixed some of it with the C@H bbq. My bacon is still in the frig curing (until next Wed. or Thurs), so Roy bought some really nice bacon.

I don't know how we would have handled it, but I didn't have any tomatoes or lettuce and I love those on a burger...

I agree, it wasn't probably very good for us, but, there are some dishes I just have to make. And, it was only a 4-oz. pattie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by cjs (It was so darn good!...)
WOW just WOW what can I say, they look awesome. I want one, oh and one for James
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by farnfam (WOW just WOW what ca...)
Oh, and to top it off, I somehow managed to keep that thin little pattie pink on the inside!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by farnfam (WOW just WOW what ca...)
Finally looked at this after wondering how pulled pork would be made into a burger or, otherwise, be different from a pulled-pork sandwich. Now I see: it's a burger with pulled pork as a topping, not a "pulled-pork burger," so the naming is more along the lines of "cheeseburger" than, for example, "turkey burger." LOL!

Sounds YUMMY and, of course, is completely fat free.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pulled Pork Burgers - OMG!!!!!! by cjs (It was so darn good!...)
We all deserve a treat now and then. If you don't eat like that all the time it's not so bad. I may get a small pork butt to take over to Joan's this week for our "smoke fest".
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!